PDA

View Full Version : I just feel scared and lonely.

Dreeve
09-03-09, 10:38
I have suffered from depression and panic/anxiety attacks for 3 and half years, it started due to work nd personal problems and got even worse when i was bullied at a different job. MY mum has suffered the same thing so I always have her for support, but her my dad and brother moved away last year and I dont get to see them that often. I have just spent a week visiting them I came back last night and have woke up this morning suffering from a massive panic attack that started and about 6:40 when my husband went to work, I am still very much on edge now. I do phone my parents and talk to them about it but I dont want to worru them so much. I hate it when im alone in the house as im even scared to answer the phone of get the post or answer the door just incase it is something bad. Please help!

Nechtan
09-03-09, 12:43
Hi,

I am sorry to read you are feeling like this today. Being alone with anxiety is not nice at all. I can certainly relate to that.

The only advice I can give is not a long term solution but its something that works for me in the short term which may do for now. And that is distraction. When I am left alone the day seems too long and empty when I awake and I am left only with those thoughts. Usually I get out a book and read. Or I distract myself on the laptop. When your mind is elsewhere you won't be left sitting with your thoughts and time passes much quicker.

This is not the long term solution but at the moment I'm sure you won't be caring about that and just wanting relief now. I hope you can find something to distract yourself with and it will help lower your anxiety.

All the best

Nechtan

Dreeve
09-03-09, 12:56
Thank you for your advice, at the moment i dont feel too bad just a little tired and a headache. I think is was also the realisation that i had spent a weeks with m family and now im back home.

Lynnann
09-03-09, 13:18
Hi Dreeve,

Your mum esp has been your support network through this and being with her for the last week would impact when you get home.

Distraction is a short term solution, I often spend some time in the chat room to distract me or play online games or the nintendo ds.

Do you have a treatment plan in place? You may feel a little more confident about things knowing something is being done to try and help you.

Lynnann

Dreeve
09-03-09, 13:21
I have been to 2 grops but they were a couple of years ago, but im seeing by doctor tonight so hopefully something will get sorted out. I was on citalopram the lowest dose so i will probably have to up the dose.

Lynnann
09-03-09, 13:44
Hi again Dreeve,

Hope everything at the doctors goes well, the answer might not be upping your dose, maybe something more supportive could be put in place. Ask your GP about CBT while you are there, have a chat and see what you think.

Lynnann

Dreeve
09-03-09, 13:48
Thank you so much lynnann. I will post on here later what the doctor says.

Dreeve
10-03-09, 07:48
Just though i'd let people know. I have been put on prozac, so am a bit scared of what to expect. What are othere peoples experiences of going on this?