PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared

fizzy
27-07-05, 22:37
I've probably felt like this a thousand times before, but I'm scared and very uncomfortable. I'm feeling very anxious and it feels like it's going to get worse and worse. My other half has gone off to work for the night and I'm all alone. For the last 3 hours I've been having these horrible physical feelings that won't go away, and are making me more and more panicky.It started as a kind of tingling in the pit of my stomach and spread to tinglings in my fingers. Now I am also getting a slight headache and feel confused and unreal. I have been trying to control my breathing but it isn't working. I've had a couple of short breaks from it for 10 mins, nut it keeps coming back.

I've probably had a couple of weeks where generalised physical anxiety hasn't been happening, which is why tonight has come as a bit of a shock. I'm scared that something is going to happen to me now, and I feel alone and helpless. I don't know why this has started this evening and why I'm reacting to it. Any ideas what I can do or advice to help me along?

Matt

sal
27-07-05, 23:25
Hi Matt

You are not alone in how you are feeling and i know how hard it is. Time and space to think a horrible combination when you are feeling how you do. I will be on site for next few hours if you want to talk and please dont forget you are not alone in how you feel.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

fizzy
27-07-05, 23:46
Thanks Sal, I hopped into bed earlier and that seemed to allow my body to relax sufficiently to break the cycle...must have helped with the abdominal breathing :)

Thanks for the kind words and offer of support, it still amazes me how powerful the mind is even after thousands of anxiety and panic attacks! I also find it hard to believe at this point that I had those years of almost normal living, with minor anxieties at worst.....hoping those days return soon!

Matt xx

Meg
28-07-05, 05:37
Hi Matt,

Hope the rest of the night passed uneventfully. Well done for managing to relax a bit.

If you haven't got little ones at home asleep I found 24 hr supermarkets a godsend if I was starting off on one...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lainey
28-07-05, 09:38
Hi Matt

Hope you are feeling better today, try and chill out today.

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
28-07-05, 10:10
Hope you're feeling a little better today Matt :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal