PDA

View Full Version : anxiety symptoms

bluewoman
09-03-09, 20:05
does anyone else have a really hard time believing that most of your symptoms are anxiety related. i say i believe that but deep down i do not think i accept it...

mtbc
09-03-09, 20:18
I am the same as you, I come home from Doctors thinking what if they got it wrong and I am seriously ill?

bluewoman
09-03-09, 21:02
also for me it is not only about the reassurance that i am not going to die from some unknown problem but it is about actually having to live this way and not figuring out a way to stop it.

molpookski
10-03-09, 10:09
Absolutely - it is such a horrid way to be and seems like a never ending cycle. I get comforted reading this website and think maybe, just maybe it could be anxiety - but then I think nah! It's got to be something the doctors have missed (like cancer) or something really rare. It really gives me the sh#$ts, but I can't seem to turn it around. I have started meditating and have found it the only way to relax and make things seem more manageable. Ian Gawler's book "Meditation - Pure and Simple" has really helped me with this. Also I take a magnesium\calcium supplement which helps calm the nervous system and also assists with the muscle aches\pains that I get.

nikkinik
10-03-09, 11:00
Yeah I do the same.

I come on here and get some reasurrance that Im not alone.. but somehow I still cant believe that anyone can be in as much pain as I am somedays, can feel as weak as I do (Im convinced Ive got some muscle wasting disease!!), can feel as exhausted as I do (I seem to have extreme fatigue where Im crawling up the stairs somedays), and just feel as ill in general as I do..

Its like when I think 'its just anxiety' I feel like a cloud has lifted for a second or two.. then I go back to thinking 'nah, it cant be. It must be.... I mustnt let it go incase I am seriously ill and its being missed'

What a mess!

gettingbetter
10-03-09, 15:45
Anxiety,
Was told that I had an anxiety attack. My heart was palpitating, I had to pull over when driving, I had hot flashes, trembling hands, lightheadness, and would feel as though I would pass out. I also had tingling in the head and extremeties and was really odd. I thought I was having a heart attack or I most certainly would.
Went to doctor and said may be perimenopause or thyroid. Did TSH and FSH Test and came back normal. I thought I was going CRAZY.
Then I had a stroke and everything changed. I recovered, but in the process found out I had Hyperthroidism caused by Graves Disease. Which entail all of the same kind of sympoms of anxietsy or panic.
I was told that my TSH test could of come back normal a few months before however, They did a more complex TSH level test involving t1, t4 levels and dignosed me as hyperthyroid, graves disease. Based on symptoms and the stroke. I have been treated but they are still trying to get medicine right.
I still have some symptoms and think the anxiety I now feel is brought on by my bodies reaction to the heart palps which I still get.
If I did not have my stroke I would not have known what was really going on. I hope everyone gets the more in depth TSH test which they usually do not do, and doctors usually only order it if the base test is off. In my case the TSH base test was just fine. I had Graves disease probably for years.

gettingbetter
11-03-09, 13:18
By my post below I also do not mean to tell anyone that they do not have anxiety. If you have it, you have it. I just wanted to let users know after 2 years of my doctors telling me I had anxiety and telling me it was all in my head... It took a stroke and hospitalization to get to the root problem. I am with oprah and suggest every women at least gets the indepth tsh test, and if possilbe get an Endocrine doctor to check out your bodies systems. My endocrine doctor tells me all the time that a patient is their own best advocate. I am not saying anxiety does not exist. I believe I have moments of it for sure but just wanted to share what happened to me. If helps one women stop going through what I did then I am glad I posted.
Anxiety,
Was told that I had an anxiety attack. My heart was palpitating, I had to pull over when driving, I had hot flashes, trembling hands, lightheadness, and would feel as though I would pass out. I also had tingling in the head and extremeties and was really odd. I thought I was having a heart attack or I most certainly would.
Went to doctor and said may be perimenopause or thyroid. Did TSH and FSH Test and came back normal. I thought I was going CRAZY.
Then I had a stroke and everything changed. I recovered, but in the process found out I had Hyperthroidism caused by Graves Disease. Which entail all of the same kind of sympoms of anxietsy or panic.
I was told that my TSH test could of come back normal a few months before however, They did a more complex TSH level test involving t1, t4 levels and dignosed me as hyperthyroid, graves disease. Based on symptoms and the stroke. I have been treated but they are still trying to get medicine right.
I still have some symptoms and think the anxiety I now feel is brought on by my bodies reaction to the heart palps which I still get.
If I did not have my stroke I would not have known what was really going on. I hope everyone gets the more in depth TSH test which they usually do not do, and doctors usually only order it if the base test is off. In my case the TSH base test was just fine. I had Graves disease probably for years.