PDA

View Full Version : help

frag111
09-03-09, 20:43
hi there i have come across this website and and hoping somebody may have some advice for me...i have suffered from panic attacks for 6 years but just recently it seems to be getting 100 times worse i think due to a health scare ....i had a chest infection that i was given antibiotics for but it didnt go and now i am having chest and back pains i have trouble swallowing i sometimes get headaches and i am just exhausted my doctor has recently sent me for a chest xray ...i am so scared it is something like lung cancer i am 31 and have been smoking for 16 years .....i have been waiting 6 days for chest xray results now if it was cancer do you think they would have been in touch sooner????? Can these syptoms be connected to my panic attacks ?????
Please help

lorac
09-03-09, 22:04
Hi frag

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here who will understand your worries and you will get some good advice and support on here.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad chest infection, it seems to be a bad year for infections of that kind. I do think that if the hospital had found anything to worry about you would have heard before now. Hopefully you will get the results back soon and you can stop worrying.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
09-03-09, 23:09
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us, you are certainly not alone. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
10-03-09, 08:54
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice here, i'm also sure if anything serious was found they would get in touch with you pretty soon, take care and i'm sure all is well xx

weeble40
10-03-09, 10:50
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Caridrum
10-03-09, 11:34
Hey:)

I can tell you now that I've had all of those symptoms, expecially the trouble swallowing etc - the feeling is referred to as "globus". Look it up.:)

I'm 21 and I know I haven't got any sort of cancer, so take that as you will.

I'm also pretty sure they would have got in touch with you, if not just go and ask for an update to settle your mind about it.

lots of help on the forum here so just dive in and search those symptoms too, just to be sure.

Cari x