PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while....

bex1970
09-03-09, 22:26
Hi there everyone.... it's been a while since I've posted on the site but as I permanently worry, I'm always having a look and it's so reassuring but now i have something that really concerns me and would really like some help if anyone can. About six weeks ago I got a throat infection - really horrid one - with a gland in my neck that stuck out like a pudding and a big lump in my mouth to boot... you can imagine, my anxiety went through the roof but the doctor assured me it was tonsillitis and the mouth can get lumpy when the throat is infected (anyone heard that before?!).....anyway, I was put on antibiotics for a week which cleared up the throat and then I got a slightly blocked nose... pretty normal really when you've had an infection... except it just wouldn't go away. It's only on the one side (left) and I can breathe, it just feels like I have something stuck at the back of my nose (near where it meets the throat).... you know how you do - and sometimes (to be graphic) you can 'hoike' and it will come out.... well, this won't. So, off I trek back to the doctor who says it's a virus going round and he's had a lot complaining about it... prescribes a nasal steroidal spray... which helps a bit - but then it gets worse again... so go back again, Doctor really looks up nose - claims it's very inflamed and prescribes nasal drops.... again, they help - but they're finished now and it's got worse again. It causes pain in my ear, one side of my throat and on my left cheek.... no mucus as such just this weird blocked sensation. Needless to say I've googled and it's come up with (every time) Nasopharyngeal cancer..... I'm now terrified, truly terrified and convinced that I've got this.... I just can't clear the back of my nose and now I'm too scared to go the doctor.... I would be less worried (weirdly I suppose) if it were both sides of the nose but apparently one-sided is usually more sinister. Somebody please help me.... I'm so scared this time....

Thank you very much for any kind of help / advice / anything anyone can give... I can't sleep or concentrate because of this.:weep: