PDA

View Full Version : i have just been told i have PTSD

dreamtime831
09-03-09, 22:32
hi this is my first time here, i have just been told i have PTSD but my med records show i was 6 when first disnonsed what is the difference between PTSDand depression?

kittyk
10-03-09, 18:52
Hiya dreamtime.
Glad you have found the site.Not sure of medical difference......PTSD usually develops after a specific event which caused trauma that you had no control over. Depresison I guess can evolve through anything and probably not specific incidents. Have a look round the site...there are lots of good guidelines,advice and chat.

felipe
10-03-09, 20:47
I was told I had PTSD in November following a serious car accident and have been coping on my own with most of the recognised symptoms until by chance I came across this site. It truly has been a godsend. There is so much warmth and common understanding here that finally I can relate to others who know or are aware of what we are going through.
:welcome: Philip

dreamtime831
30-03-09, 05:14
thank you for the welcome i lost the site just found it again now. how do u feel with ptsd im confused by it all?

Lynnann
01-04-09, 05:04
Hi Dreamtime,

Welcome to NMP, have a look at the link below, it might help.
Look forward to getting to know you, why don't you tell us how you feel about it all? Perhaps we can make some sense of it all together?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34334

Lynnann