PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm new

Void123
09-03-09, 22:39
Hi my name is Sam, i'm 17 and i am suffering (and have suffered for 5ish years) with anxiety, depression, low self esteem and i recoil from public social contact. i have been in regular therapy for around 3 years now and have been on very powerful anti-depressent drugs for 2 years. I origanally started on Prozac (brand name but i cant think of the actual name) but i was moved onto sertraline due to the lack of success with it. I am quite a shy person but can be quite lively when i get used to being with new people. I have looked over some of the topics and replies on this site and find it to be quite intesting so i hope i can meet some new people and maybe make some friends (due to my...almost phobia-like fear of being in public places where people could be looking at me and thinking things about me i dont get out much so its very hard for me to meet new people and make friends and i get very lonely)

Void123
09-03-09, 22:59
I have always been quite shy and sensitive so (no suprise) i have taken up writing stories and poems over the last few years to try and distract myself from some of my issues, so as im already quite nervous at posting on here in the first place it might make it easier if i share with you one of my more recent poems, so tell me what you think (i can handle constructive criticism and i know im not very good yet but it was the first full poem i ever wrote)

sunshine-lady
09-03-09, 23:07
Hi and welcome to NMP,

What a lovely thought provoking poem.

So pleased that you have found us, you are certainly not alone. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
10-03-09, 08:50
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice here, great poem as well, take care xx

Void123
10-03-09, 10:41
thanks for the kind words :) and im glad you liked the poem

weeble40
10-03-09, 10:46
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
11-03-09, 01:13
Hi Sam, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

You have a great talent for writing. :yesyes:

Best wishes :)

Veronica H
11-03-09, 08:12
:welcome: to NMP. You will find comfort and support here. Keep writing as you have a talent for it.

Veronica

Void123
11-03-09, 11:04
Well im trying to write a novel but i am having a bit of a writers block atm (due to my problems)