PDA

View Full Version : Hello

keithwill73
10-03-09, 17:07
Hello all , just thought i say hello having just found this site. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for 3 years now , And boy has it been a tough 3 years. i thought i lost it a one stage but recently they have come back with out warning and are as bad as ever :weep: . Is there ever a way out??

lorac
10-03-09, 17:35
Hi keithwill

Welcome to the site I think you will find some very good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

finny12000
10-03-09, 17:36
Hi keith
you seem same as me the first time i posted and i thought same
but stick around here ,look at all the posts the helpful tips
even come into chat at night take yer mind off it.
Are you on meds? have you been to doctors about latest flare up
I ended up on trazadone at night which helped me along with
anxiety classes to help me regain my thought processes and ways of
destressing and taking edge of anxiety.
Shortime i would when bad try reading a book watching tv
going for a little walk focusing on when last good moment was wheter it was only for a minute and think it will be more next time
you have came to right place and hang around as things will get better
and to answer your question there is a way out so hang in there and
pm me if any difficulties.if you care to look back at my posts you will see i was exact same as you when i first came here so all the best mate
finn

Mistral
10-03-09, 20:21
Hi Keithwill

Me too, I had 3 clear years and thought the awful feelings had finally gone away, but they came back last Feb. I did have serious health problems and had lost my Mother so I suppose it was inevitable that it did. However, this time around I use all my coping strategies and I am definately dealing with it in a much better way.

Although I do still have the the panic attacks and fear flashes etc. etc. I do not collapse into a terrified heap for days/weeks afterwards as I use to do. I refuse to allow it to completely dominate my life as it did for the 6 years previously. It is really really hard but it is possible.

I follow Dr Clair Weekes' advice, I see her books are available from this site, the more you practice the easier it becomes. I also use TFT, Thought Field Therapy (tapping), I take regular exercise and most importantly, I talk about how I feel to people that understand which is worth it's weight in gold.

You will be ok again, I have had a great day today and this time last week that would have seemed impossible!
Good luck
Mistral X

kittykat
10-03-09, 22:33
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice here that really helps , take care xx

Patty
11-03-09, 01:18
Hi Keithwill, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

sunshine-lady
11-03-09, 22:30
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

keithwill73
12-03-09, 16:41
Many thanks for your welcomes , nice to know you not alone and that in itself makes a difference

Veronica H
12-03-09, 17:22
:welcome: Keith. Glad you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:21
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx