PDA

View Full Version : I am new, need some reassurance (heart)

lrforge
11-03-09, 01:44
Hi-well, here is some of my background. I am almost 28, I have a 17 month old son and a wonderful husband. Anxiety started about 3 years ago, had a rapid hb, so dr did EKG, ECG, stress test. All normal. Now after I had my son, I started having skipped heartbeats the last 1 1/2 yrs. These are VERY frightening to me and I have only started to panic more. Had a echo done last Wed, results are normal. Still waiting to hear the 24 hr holter results, its is driving me crazy. I started atenolol 12.5 mg today, so I hope that helps. I have many many skipped beats a day and am so scaried I am going to die. I see lots of posts of palps here, so I feel I am in good company. I posted on another site, but felt no posts were just skimmed over. I don't know where else to turn, done lots of crying the last few weeks.

If my echo was normal (my heart even skipped during the echo) should I worry the 24 hr results won't be normal?

Anyways, I hope to hear from you all and can't wait to be a part of the forum, I am in a bad place right now and I am scaried. I need help.

mickh555
11-03-09, 02:03
Hiya,welcome.I would be reassured by the tests you have had that your heart is fine.I used to have palps so bad you would,nt believe.That is untill i learned how to breathe properly.After that it never happened again.There are threads on here on how to breathe the right way.

Veronica H
11-03-09, 07:58
:welcome: to NMP. Anxiety is causing the palpitations. I have had all of the tests you described including the halter monitoring and all was normal. It is hard to accept that we can cause something so powerful to happen to ourselves by being afraid of feeling this way and so generating adrenalin which keeps the cycle going. Motherhood is beyond stressful however wonderful we think our children are, the responsibility can be overwhelming. You will no doubt find that you have other anxiety related symptoms which you will find listed at the side of this page. We are all different though and so you should not expect to get symptoms that you have not yet had! There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover. This will get better. :bighug1:

Veronica

sharona
11-03-09, 08:09
Hi
I went through this but I am still having them 4 years later, however I am on antenelol, which help sometimes. There is nothing wrong with your heart, its anxiety and panic. Its a vicious circle as the more you worry,the more you get skipped beats. I am due to have another 24 hour moniter on soon so I will let you know.
Hope you et better.

Sharon

kittykat
11-03-09, 09:07
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice on here that helps a lot as you can already see, there is also a good chatroom, take care xx

lrforge
11-03-09, 12:10
Wow, I am surprised by the responses! Thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know you guys and helping you-what I can help with. Thank you again for the replys. I find comfort in all of them!:)

Patty
11-03-09, 13:47
Hi Irforge, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

sunshine-lady
11-03-09, 22:28
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx