PDA

View Full Version : having a really bad day

ukmanmartineyre
11-03-09, 11:52
ok, today im convinced im going to die becuase i feel really lightheaded and dizzy and really cold my mum and dad keep assuring me that im not but i cant seem to get the thought out of my head i keep trying to convince myself but nothing seems to be working im convinced that today this is it and that im not gonna live to see tommorow any suggestions on what could help me

Nechtan
11-03-09, 13:47
I can relate to that. It is anxiety and you are not going to die. The problem is that it is hard to accept that as fact when you feel this way. In the past I have gotten into such a state that I've had to put a quilt over me to stop my teeth chattering and my body shivering. If you are feeling as cold as this do the same as it helps. The more comfortable you are and the more symptoms you can eliminate the clearer your mind will be to deal with your thoughts. And cold can be a symptom of anxiety.

The thoughts themselves are hard to shift. I really cannot give any suggestions for them other than the obvious short term fix of distraction. By reading or finding another distraction that suits you will not be stuck in your own thoughts. And this is essential because the more time you have to think on them the more you feed them and the harder they are to shift.

I would suggest reading something positive. There is a sub forum named 'Success Stories' for example. Have a read through some of these posts and as well as distracting you they will hopefully give you some positive perspective on your anxiety.

All the best and I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this,

Nechtan

cheekycharlie
11-03-09, 14:33
these are just feeling of anxiety. Have you been to see the docs? see if they do anything to help you with these feelings? xx

macuk
12-03-09, 02:33
i think everyone has their own coping mechanisms during panic attacks, when i get panic symptons & chest pains and i,m at home i tend to get into a red hot soapy bath and try and take my mind away by reading or i ly in bed with a hot water bottle against my chest & find something to occupy my thoughts. If i,m out and experiance panic attacks i try and think about a good film i,ve seen and replay it in my mind.. Best thing is to try and remain calm (i no its hard) and get something that occupies your mind , once the panic subsides, and it will, you,l realise it was just a panic attack..
sounds easy i no and it isnt but hope this helps :)
good luck