PDA

View Full Version : Piles..

melodinpanic
11-03-09, 18:32
Hello everyone!

Do you know if the doctor can see if you have piles through a stool sample?
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Mully
11-03-09, 18:44
I would have to say no.. not from a stool sample alone.

Piles are swellings that can potrude from your bottom or be internal. A Doctor cannot tell if you have them unless he examines you first. :)

nomorepanic
11-03-09, 18:47
No they can't from a poo sample - it needs to be an examination

ElizabethJane
11-03-09, 18:58
Do you think that you have piles? You might have a fiissure? The best thing to do is to let a doctor examine you. I was treated for piles because I wouldn't be examined. It turned out I had a fissure (a tear) and the treatments are quite different. Both can cause blood in your poos but this would need checking out anyway. Best of luck.

melodinpanic
11-03-09, 19:09
Ok, thanks. I'm a bit concerned... My anus has been hurting for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't found any blood on toilet paper or anything. It feels so unconfortable...:weep:

jill
11-03-09, 19:21
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have had piles but they did not bleed,piles don't have to bleed, the can become swollen, hence it hurting, mine were soooo sore I found it hard to sit down and even when I walked I was still sore. I still get this at times. For along time now, I have been bleeding,( not sore though), been to gp and she says that I can leave my piles alone and treat them with the spray she gave me or I can have them done, Mmm, me chose to leave them alone, for now, they don't hurt at the mo, just bleed from time to time.

Piles don't have to bleed, but they can be sooo sore.

Hun, pop along to your gp and have a chat, I am sure he/she will put your mind at rest.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

ElizabethJane
11-03-09, 19:27
Sorry pfmelody but are you constipated? If you have piles or a fissure then it is important to keep regular. You can buy bulking agents (stool softeners) from the chemist. I used to take fybogel and have lactulose from the docs. Please have a chat with the docs first though as your symptoms could point to something else. Best wishes

melodinpanic
11-03-09, 19:31
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have had piles but they did not bleed,piles don't have to bleed, the can become swollen, hence it hurting, mine were soooo sore I found it hard to sit down and even when I walked I was still sore. I still get this at times. For along time now, I have been bleeding,( not sore though), been to gp and she says that I can leave my piles alone and treat them with the spray she gave me or I can have them done, Mmm, me chose to leave them alone, for now, they don't hurt at the mo, just bleed from time to time.

Piles don't have to bleed, but they can be sooo sore.

Hun, pop along to your gp and have a chat, I am sure he/she will put your mind at rest.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

I will have a talk with my gp, thanx!

melodinpanic
11-03-09, 19:32
Sorry pfmelody but are you constipated? If you have piles or a fissure then it is important to keep regular. You can buy bulking agents (stool softeners) from the chemist. I used to take fybogel and have lactulose from the docs. Please have a chat with the docs first though as your symptoms could point to something else. Best wishes

No, I'm not costipated my my bowel movement have been weird in the last 6 months, like really loose and soft. I do go everyday though:yesyes:

ElizabethJane
11-03-09, 19:49
I know this sounds a bit tmi but it could still be piles. They could be pushed out when you have a bm. Anxiety and depression can play havoc with our bowels. My bms alternate from being constipated to full blown runs. I just accept it as being 'normal' as I have IBS. I have had several colonoscopies and will probably be repeat tested as there is bowel cancer on my dads side of the family. It is a nusiance but it doesn't bother me. Again any change of bowel habit whether it is due to anxiety and depression or otherwise should be checked out.

Ddcoo
13-03-09, 10:50
When mine hurt I buy Germaloid suppositories from the chemists and use them every day until it feels better.

sunshine-lady
13-03-09, 15:16
My hubby has piles that don't bleed. When they are sore he says having a soak in the bath and applying some cream helps a lot.

Good luck xxxx