PDA

View Full Version : I feel FANTASTIC!!!

bottleblond
11-03-09, 19:44
Hi Folks

I wasn't going to post but then i thought....Begger it! Lol

For those who know me, you'll know that i am agoraphobic and have only recently started getting out again by taking a daily walk to my local shop.

Well today has shown me that i can push myself and i can get out again.

Started this morning with my walk to the stop. Then i went to the dentist with Ben (my boy child). Then i went for a little run with my fabulous mum in her car and tonight i attended parents evening at Bens school.

I really feel good. Sure the nerves kicked in now and again but i didn't dwell on it and i didn't have a panic attack.

I know i can do this now and i really did enjoy feeling part of society again!

Watch this space coz Lisa is on a mission.... :yahoo:

Lisa
xxx

lorac
11-03-09, 19:51
I am so proud of you Lisa, well done mate.

Carol xxx

i hate panicking
11-03-09, 20:03
Awww wow that's brilliant!!!!:D

Well done:yesyes:

honeybee3939
11-03-09, 20:20
Awww Lisa WELL DONE mate !

What alot of achievements and all in one day !!! I hope today is the start of many more successes to come!

Real proud of you ! Keep up the good work !

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Love
Andrea
xxxx

Granny Primark
11-03-09, 20:23
Well done lisa :yesyes:
Its a great feeling isnt it?
So glad you posted so that we can tell you how pleased we are for you as well as it giving hope to other members.

eternally optimistic
11-03-09, 20:35
EXCELLENT NEWS - WHAT A GREAT SUCCESS.

KEEP IT COMING...

WHAT'S THE NEXT CHALLENGE - LOL.

I love success stories, it so inspiring and keeps us all going.

sunshine-lady
11-03-09, 20:47
Well done Lisa :yesyes:

I bet you are really chuffed with yourself :yahoo:
I have been agoraphobic for many years and your story and that of Lynn's has given me great hope that things will and do get easier. My support worker is coming out each week for 2 hours starting next week and reading encouraging posts like this has made me more positive. I am sure before long I will be joining you on that mission!

xxx

IrishPrincess
11-03-09, 20:54
Heya lil,
Well done hun:yesyes: ,stick at it u can do it:yesyes:

finny12000
11-03-09, 20:56
well done lisa thats great and least if i need a pint of milk now
you can bring it on down lol x

Ross
11-03-09, 21:01
You know what I think Lisa. Good on ya girl.

I dont understand how both you and your Mom went for a run in her car. Must be a very big car to even walk in, let alone run.

Whatever.

Keep at it, keep getting stronger and the Anx will get weaker.

Oceanblue
11-03-09, 21:05
Well done Lisa. Keep it going ! :)

nomorepanic
11-03-09, 21:06
Lisa

I am very proud of you mate

http://photo.net/general-comments/attachment/13905187/WellDone.jpg

Onwards and upwards from now eh?

xxxxx

t0rt01se36
11-03-09, 21:14
Well done Lisa. Don't forget the baby steps. Don't try and pressure yourself too much, all at once.

Your next challenge is to climb Ben Nevis lol.

suzy-sue
11-03-09, 21:26
:yahoo: well done,wishing you continued success luvsue:bighug1:

spaced
11-03-09, 21:28
:yesyes: welldone:yesyes:
As a recovered agoraphobic I know how difficult it is to over come keep going wont be long before you don't think twice about going to different places. Now I'm recovered I go where I want, when I want and it's great. :)

bottleblond
12-03-09, 12:56
Thanks alot guys!! :biggrin:

Sunshine Lady
You will get their too hun. Just remember to always have hope and do things slowly.
:hugs:

Spaced
That is really inspiring and i hope one day, i can be where you are.

Ross
:doh: lmao

Thanks again for all your lovely words and encouragment!!

Lisa
xxxxx

sue681
12-03-09, 15:47
Well done !
Can i ask
how have u done this ?
meds ?
Therepy ?

kittykat
12-03-09, 16:37
A Big

922 for you xx

emma30982
13-03-09, 10:59
well done fantastic keep going!:yahoo:

bottleblond
13-03-09, 11:26
Well done !
Can i ask
how have u done this ?
meds ?
Therepy ?

Sue
I have been on meds on and off since i was in my teens. In my case-i definately function better on them rather than off.

I just started going out with my dog around the block. Kept that up for a while and then started walking to my local shops, been doing tht a long time now so decided to up the anti by going outside my 'safe zone' and coped really well.

Don't get me wrong hun, there were points where i thought my heart was going to jump out of my mouth but i stuck it out and the longer i stayed in the situation, the batter i felt.

It's just a case of starting with little things and building them up when you feel you are able.

Lisa
xxx

gary_2.0
13-03-09, 13:01
Oh stop bloody spoiling it for the rest of us will you? Some of us are busy being miserable here! :mad:

Jolly well done Lisa. It's always, always good to hear positive stories like yours. I know you don't wish to get carried away but it sounds like you're doing really well and long may it continue. :yesyes:

sappling
13-03-09, 13:32
Extremely happy for you

Lynnann
15-03-09, 23:22
Hi Lisa,

So glad you posted on your progress; I was in your shoes hun.
I started with small steps and built on them; I can now leave the house without thinking about it. I even managed public transport on my own lol.
You will get there! Onwards and upwards:yesyes: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6605/congratulations0pi2.jpg

Lynnann:flowers: