PDA

View Full Version : panic attack now am scared

mandie
12-03-09, 01:50
Hi

Just went in to bed after being on sofa watching tv. Felt relaxed.

Got into bed, turned lite off and settled down with radio on.

I was adjusting the stations and then all of sudden felt like i couldnt see in one eye.

I rushed up and started getting very hot and panicky. Went into bathroom turned lite on and realised eye sight still there in both eyes.

most likely explanation is i was staring into digital clock while tuning station and the lite shone in eyes.

Now im thinking the worst, i cant stop shaking and im so scared.

I no it all sounds silly but im really panicking here and it always seems worse when its in middle of night

mandie x:weep:

mickh555
12-03-09, 04:07
You know.If people were to stop and think about what actually happened like you did there with the clock.Before the anxiety tells them something drastic happened.It would stop the panic attack before it could take hold.

mandie
12-03-09, 08:35
I always try and find a reason y iv got a symtpom. Thats because im so scared of something actually really being wrong.

that was the worst nite i ever had.

mandie x

purplehaze
12-03-09, 09:26
Hi

The night time always seems to make people feel worse. So many thoughts can fly through our mind during this time, just in the same way it did when we where children. Our feelings of panic seem to grow and maybe thats because we start to have the negative thoughts.

"what if I feel a panic? who can I call? I feel so alone with my panic?"

My brother who is in the AA has a good saying "yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery all we have is today"
So each day/night just work on you and remember the night is no different from the day.

Nechtan
12-03-09, 10:30
Hi Mandie,

Funnily enough I had this yesterday. I was playing the Wii with my children and went into the kitchen and suddenly thought I could only see out one eye. In turn I shut each eye and both had full vision but I noticed when I shut my left eye it was like there was a bright blotch at one side. When I went back into the living room I noticed where I was standing is the lamp and since getting these large energy saving bulbs they poke out the top so I think the brightness from that caused the problem. 10 minutes later it was gone but it is easy to see how these things can set off your anxiety alarm bells.

Nechtan

Dreeve
12-03-09, 10:33
If im haing an attack I always find it better if i know what started it off as well. I have had a few though were there has been no particluar reason and its those ones i find hardest to recover from

mandie
12-03-09, 10:44
Nechtan - mine never lasted that long, but the anxiety that started lasted hours. Now i keep focusing on my eyes and think i have something wrong.

Dreeve - i hate the attacks that come for no reason to, i hate when u are feeling relaxed and calm and than it comes out of the blue.

purple haze thanks for the reply, agree thats a good saying yr brother said

love mandie x