PDA

View Full Version : Anothr New Member

Panic_er
29-07-05, 18:39
Hi,

Not sure what to write.

I suffer from panic atacks, which can last for days and days and days and I'm not joking. I currently take Beta-blockers which atleast help reduce some of the symptoms.

I've probably been suffering from these attacks for a long time, but usually got over them and then it would be months before they re-occured. However,recently they got so bad I thought I was losing my mind and decided it was time to do something about it.

At the moment I'm really at the begining of dealing with this problem. So seen the GP, organise some counselling, and that wasn't easy apparently there are no counsellor avaliable under the NHS so I've had to find my own (my GP recomended several) and pay for the treatment my self - talk about adding coals to the fire.

Can't think of anything else to say except thank god this site exists until I found it I thought I was alone

Claireabell
29-07-05, 19:14
Hello Panic-er

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and advice.

Please do not feel that you are alone, we are all here to help each other.

Claireabell

seh1980
29-07-05, 19:26
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kairen
29-07-05, 19:30
Hi panic er

welcome to the site, as you can see your not alone and we are all here to help each other,

kairen x

nomorepanic
29-07-05, 19:36
Hi there

Welcome aboard.

I expect the panic attacks seem to last for days and days but it could be more likely anxiety attacks when you feel on edge all the time and scares. Panic can't last much more than 20 minutes at a time cos your body self-regulates. It is still horrid though isn't it?

You could ask the doctor for a referral to a CBT counsellor and that is available on the NHS. Unfortunately the waiting list is very long!

Hope we can be of some help. Have a good read of the website as there is loads of help on there for you to start with.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

smyliesangel
30-07-05, 00:34
hi panic-er im a new member too and i had the anxiety and panic attacks
on a daily basis too was constantly on edge and couldnt relax drove me crazy this site is a godsend for people who do suffer from these symptoms as it makes you realise how big a problem stress really is a lot of the people on here have been through the mill and come out on the other side and like i said im new too and i have been in the chat rooms and to be honest i wouldnt find nicer people anywhere else there all a lovely bunch of human beings whom i respect whole heartedly dont ever feel your alone because with these guys on here you never will be hun take care speak to you soon love and best wishes

sharon

Mcched
30-07-05, 17:29
HI Panic_er

Welcome to the site!!!!

I have found that it is a great way to be able to talk about things with people who understand and that no question is a silly question!!!

It is nice to know that you are not alone when you feel anxious and panicky.

Nikki

michelleann
30-07-05, 17:33
hi there:D
welcome to the forum, its a huge relief to know your not alone and for me that was the start of me controlling my anxiety/panic before i use to think i was the only person who suffered because nobody i know suffers again welcome to the site you will make some great friends.
love michelle xxx

Meg
30-07-05, 18:17
Hi Panic-er

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so terrible.

Do you know what set this all off initially ?

Have a read of these posts

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3283
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5475

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
30-07-05, 19:45
Hiya Panic-er

Welcome to the site

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Panic_er
30-07-05, 20:34
What can I say. Having read all the welcome messages. What a wonderful group of people you are. It's great to know that I am no longer alone with this and I know this sounds wrong/naff but I'm glad there are other sufferers (you know what I mean)

Ross

zena
01-08-05, 12:07
Hi Ross,

This site is brill. I only wished I'd found it ages ago.
Glad to see you are getting loads of posts and advice.
Hope it aids in your road to recovery

with good wishes

Zena