PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

gizmoxx
12-03-09, 09:43
Hi everyone
I am new to this site, my anxiety is giving me trouble this morning and i always seem to have to come on to the net when this happens and look for ways to make it go away!
My name is Sherrie, i am 29. I have had anxiety since i was 16, although i didnt realise this until a few years ago! I had post natal depression after having my third child and anxiety decided to come along too. It took 9 of the worst months of my life to overcome it. Then for a year i was fine, then all of a sudden last august it came back :weep: Since theni have slowly got better but some days i am just awful. I am taking cipralex and propanalol and have seen more people then i can remember. I have just been and had an assessement for CBT. I have another one next week then they will decide if its right for me. I really hope so. I dont know what else i can do.
Anyway, thats me. I would love to hear form others who have similar issues, (im guessing lots of you!) I just cant stand them times when you just feel so overwhelmed and unable to cope. Please share your coping stratagies!
Thanks for reading
Sherrie
xx

i hate panicking
12-03-09, 10:02
Hiya gizmo,

:welcome:to nmp

gizmoxx
12-03-09, 12:14
thank you

kittykat
12-03-09, 13:31
Hi there Gizmo and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice on here that really helps, there is also a good chatroom as well, take care xx

sunshine-lady
12-03-09, 19:45
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

felipe
12-03-09, 20:39
Hiya Gizmo

You've taken the first step to join us. It should reassure you that to have replies so quickly shows that we are here to help each other if we can.

You are not on your own! :hugs:

:welcome: Philip
.................................................. ..

Tomorrow give yourself permission to have warm thoughts.
Allow yourself time to revel in a memory or a fantasy.
Enjoy it and let its glow stay with you in any darker moments.

lorac
12-03-09, 22:23
Hi Sherrie

Welcome to the site, I think you will get some good advice and support from people who understand on here.

Take care

Carol

Patty
13-03-09, 01:09
Hi Sherrie, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

gizmoxx
13-03-09, 08:55
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me! Its seems like a nice place!
Sherrie
x

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:15
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx