PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex, dose doubled, oooo ek!

mjh74
29-07-05, 18:50
I've had my dose of Cipralex doubled today from 10 to 20mg. After a discussion with my GP I decided to try a higher dose. I've only taken the first 20mg today and it has knocked me for 6! I can feel a buzzing around my body and I've just slept for 2 hours and feel like I could sleep for the rest of the month. I don't think I reacted to them like this when I started taking them. Has anyone else had a similar experience when upping their dose?

Mark

kairen
29-07-05, 19:22
Hi Mark,

I started on 20, so felt like that then for couple of days, you will be fine after that just go with it if you feel sleepy, sleep dont fight it just relax and go with it,

you will be much better on 20, i took 20mg for a year, and still had no effects when i came off them,

take care hun hope you feel ok in few days xxx

kairen x

seh1980
29-07-05, 19:33
Your side-effects are normal so don't worry. You'll start to feel the benefits soon :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

mjh74
29-07-05, 19:39
Hi Kairen and Sarah, thank you for your replies!

Kairen, wern't you on Citalopram? I think the doses of Cipralex are equivalent to double the same of Citalopram, so I'm taking the equivalent of 40mg of Citalopram now. I can forsee that any signs of a sex life are pushed even further into the distance... LOL. I'd rather feel better though so I'm still smiling (nervously) :D.

Ok Sarah, I will ride out the symptoms and be a brave liddle bear.... :D

Mark xx

vernon
29-07-05, 23:26
Hi mark, when I started 10mg of Cipralex I didn’t wake up half as scary and shaking like I was for so long before them. I seemed to be doing Ok on 10mg but doc upped mine to 20mg. When I first started on 20mg I didn’t feel any different for quite a while no tiredness etc, except I could sleep in longer in the morning, but slept better in the morning even on 10mg. but after a month or two on 20mg I seem to be going out much more and doing lots of odd jobs I just couldn’t do before. (But never good when I first get up lol) My sex appetite hasn't decreased at all in fact I think I want more, but know a lot say they go off sex on meds. I don’t know if I have got better on my own or its he meds that have made me better, I don’t suppose none of us know that really? We only really know how good meds are when the time comes to stop. I still get the odd real bad days but I seem to be able to get over them faster now days, I also find when I get dizzy and anxious to eat something always helps. Take care hope u feel better soon, Vernon

mjh74
29-07-05, 23:50
Hi Vernon,

Thanks a lot for sharing that with me. I have stopped waking up trembling since I've been on Cipralex but still getting bouts of anxiety that stop me from doing things so I'm hoping that 20mg will help give me a bit more grunt. I actually thought of you yesterday, I was sitting there and all of a sudden it was as if the room had fallen away from me and I almost fell off my chair and had to grab for the table! I've had a really bad week, what with losing 1039 pounds to tiny computers going bust and 2 people trying to rip me off on ebay so I'm guessing the dizziness was linked to that.

Mark

kairen
30-07-05, 02:38
Hi Mark

I still thought they were the same but diff, name. I did the whole wow the whole room has just shook until u look at everyone else, who are sitting fine, and you are gripping onto table in pure shock LOL it passes hun

take care pm me if u want xxx

kairen x

vernon
30-07-05, 12:03
wow Mark, sorry about that bet that did add to your anxiety, I hate being ripped off even if its very small amounts of mony. If you can get a custom built pc from the net and set it up yourself you will find it much much cheaper. Tou are only paying for the software with most of these companies and you can get that yourself much cheaper.

mjh74
30-07-05, 16:57
I usually build my own vernon but this time it was a laptop and at the time I couldn't beat the spec and price of the Tiny thing. It's a pity there was a fault with it and I had to send it back 4 times. They then replaced it with a totally different model and the fan was faulty, I wish I'd have kept that one and replaced the fan myself if they'd have warned about the state that they were in :(.

Never mind, all part of this wonderful thing we call life I guess!

Mark

vernon
30-07-05, 18:09
A good site for electrical i found is

www.morgancomputers.co.uk

I found good service, fast delivery and real cheep prices. My son got an acer laptop good spec only £4 80 but this was refurbished but as new, they also do ex display and damaged package items with full garentee and good backup service. Cya. Vernon

mjh74
01-08-05, 18:13
That looks like an interesting site Vernon, thanks for that!

A wee update of the Cipralex kind. I find I'm falling asleep in the day and sleeping a good 3 hours and every time I wake up with chronic heart burn a pounding heart and feel so sick. It's strange how drugs affect people in different ways. The strange thing is, I never really suffered side affects when starting or increasing doses of pills in the past! I hope it goes soon, I feel reet grotty I do! :(

Mark