PDA

View Full Version : Ms Or Health Anxiety????????

brokenbabe
12-03-09, 11:56
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! i know i suffer health anxiety but i truly think i have multiple sclerosis! my gp put me on anti depressants last week but i dont feel depressed about life only my illness! i told him my symptoms which are ....no concentration, difficulty remembering, feeling weak and a very strange sensation around my waist, like a painless tight belt under the bottom of my ribs! Im a healthy 26 yr old female, well up until about a month ago that is when i was bed ridden with a fever that the doctors couldnt really explain. I have been to the hospital, emergency doc and my GP that many times over the past month im exhausted! I dont feel right at all, i want my life back. my head has been that dizzy i have felt like my brain had been in a washing mashine, even slightly tilting it forward would make the room spin, i also feel like there are little spiders crawling under the skin on my back up towards my neck. i heard that the ms hug gives you the same sensations caused by a lesion on the spine!
PLEASE ALL MY FAMILY THINK ITS ALL IN MY HEAD AND NOBODY WILL LISTEN TO ME, im starting to feel very alone and dont want to leave the house anymore, im starting to wish i wasnt even here. :weep:

choliver
12-03-09, 12:23
my brother in law has MS none of the symptoms you mention relate to him and he has a very progressive form of MS.its more likely that you are anxious and fixating on this magnifies your symptoms.try a relaxation tape believe me they work and also try and focus on something else,once your mind isnt constantly thinking about your back the symptoms will go away.good luck choliver XX

justbananas
12-03-09, 13:56
sarah - any chance you could get them to do a head and neck MRI so you can feel better about the situation?

brokenbabe
12-03-09, 14:58
sarah - any chance you could get them to do a head and neck MRI so you can feel better about the situation? well i could ask when i o back to the doctors again! iv bandaged up my belly like a weirdo to stop the sensasions of the tight band! i just feel like getting very drunk to try and foreget about this for a while x:mad:

itoldyouiwasill
12-03-09, 15:11
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556

I posted this on another forum and somebody here copied it onto here. MS is an incredibly common worry for Health Anxiety sufferers. Hope the thread helps in some way.

london
14-03-09, 13:48
if your worrying so much pop in chat there are people there to help who suffer the same ,it will take youir mind off it