PDA

View Full Version : Depression Return

domm029
12-03-09, 15:46
Hello people

I need some advice, I have suffered with depression for a while, and my crisis has just gotten even worse.

I have been sharing with a mate in flat, and he told me about a week ago, that he has given his notice in on the flat, and that i have got 3 weeks to find somewhere else.
I the worry now that i may be homeless, would i be entitled to flat on housing asociation, i do work, but i am of a lot with depression, and i am on mediacation. i need some advice desperatley.

I don't want to live on street, and i have no friends that can put me up

really scared,:weep:

nomorepanic
12-03-09, 20:20
Did you mean to close this? I will re-open it

domm029
12-03-09, 20:41
Thank you, nope i didn't mean to close it

rocklover
12-03-09, 22:15
You would probably be eligible for housing help from your local council as you are being made homeless. They may only be able to offer you "temporary accommodation" to start with, but this is better than nothing.

Also, go to your doctor and get them to write a letter explaining that you suffer from depression and need medication for it, this may help you further if the council are aware of your condition. I would also suggest you go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, they will be able to give you advice on your rights and any financial help you may be able to claim for.

Good luck.