PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

The Tyreman
12-03-09, 16:34
Hi everyone i'm Simon 42yrs i have had anxiety depression and panic attacks since my teen years recently becomming worse with a fear of dying. I found my doctor fairly unsympathic to my condition am looking to hear from all members who have suffered the same

kittykat
12-03-09, 16:39
Hi Simon and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice on here that really helps plus there is a good chatroom as well, take care xx

Vanilla Sky
12-03-09, 16:47
Hi Simon , Welcome to NMP, you will find support on here. My Doctor is not the best either so i sympathise with you, Can you change doctors? I am thinking of doing that but im scared they might be worse! Maybe see you in chat sometime Love Paige x

Veronica H
12-03-09, 17:18
:welcome: simon. Glad you have found us. I have a great Dr now but the last one was not at all clued up and very impatient.

Veronica

sunshine-lady
12-03-09, 19:43
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
13-03-09, 00:57
Hi Simon, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can relate to what you describe - including the fear of dying. I also came across a few doctors who were not understanding. It was in a surgery where you could go to different doctors if you wanted. I did find one that was very understanding. Maybe, like Paige says if you have the option of changing doctors you could see if there was another one that was understanding.

Best wishes :)

The Tyreman
14-03-09, 08:41
:yesyes: Thanks for all the encouraging replies to my introduction it's nice to know there are lots of people out there who have the same thoughts and panic attacks i often find myself thinking/ feeling i'm the only one who has them. I'm looking forward to spending time in the chat room to :D

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:09
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx