PDA

View Full Version : xanax

ardyce
29-07-05, 22:39
I HAVE TAKEN xANAX AND OF COURSE IT WORKS REALLY WELL AND MAKES THE PANIC GO AWAY ALMOST IMMEDIATELY....bUT IS SOO ADDICTIVE. Has anyone taken and have any thoughts on Buspar? Does it work and what are the side effects? Is it addictive?

Thanks

Ardyce

nomorepanic
29-07-05, 23:05
Use the search facility for previous posts - I am sure there are loads.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

in1peace
18-08-05, 06:32
Ardyce,
I've taken Xanax too and it was much, much too strong for me. The Buspar takes a long time before it is effective, probably 4 weeks. It doesn't seem to be a very powerful drug, but it is just enough to keep the edge off for me. I think I must be overly sensitive to medication. I couldn't even deal with 1/2 a Xanax. I did notice that I feel sleepy within the first hour of taking Buspar, but the sleepiness goes away. If I want to be sure that I will fall asleep, I go to bed right after I take it, because it helps to calm me.

eeyorelover
22-08-05, 06:12
hi there - I was on xanax for about 5 years and it was pure hell to be weened off of it. I was stuck in the house for a while [V]
I was also on Buspar and it didn't (for me anyway) have the same hold on me that xanax did. I didn't work for me either but everyone is different when it comes to medication so it could very well work for you.
Sandy
eeyorelover