PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Kiwigirl
12-03-09, 21:33
Just want to say hey to you!

I've just started taking medication (Seroplex - a french brandname?) for depression and anxiety. I've been depressed on and off for years but this is the first time I've not been able to get out of it.

I have a lot of outside pressures - I'm a new zealander, I live in France, I'm currently doing a PhD and sometimes, now more than ever, I struggle to cope with my PhD, and life in France. I miss my family, my friends and my PhD is not as I'd hoped it would be.

i'm hoping to be able to reach some decisions soon - to carry on with my PhD or to give up and do something else.

It'd be nice to hear from others and talk about what I'm feeling - right now I'm just so fed up of feeling so incredibly sad.

lorac
12-03-09, 21:35
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Patty
13-03-09, 01:15
Hi Kiwigirl, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time. :hugs:

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

kittykat
13-03-09, 08:58
Hi there and :welcome: to the site a lot of good advice on here that really helps a lot, there is also a good chatroom as well, take care xx

sunshine-lady
13-03-09, 16:10
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

duskess
13-03-09, 20:22
Hello and a big wecome to NMP , Sorry to hear your not feeling to good , I can understand how lonely you are feeling being in a different country away from your friends and family im sure you will come to the best decision whether to stay on for your PHD , You must be under pressures being without love ones around you and studing for the highest degree a university can give , try and persist try to remember you wont always be sad and lonely and you will reap the rewards eventually , but your happiness must come first talk to your tutors , they will undertand too, and of course we are all here on the NMP for you too , i wish the best for you in every way ,take care love dusky x x:welcome:

Kiwigirl
13-03-09, 23:00
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. i'm really struggling at the moment and feel like I'm pushing so many people away so I can just be alone. I'm usually outgoing, independent, happy, friendly and a high achiever but all I want to do is sit at home and watch tv or sleep (and then I can't!). I've really hit rock bottom and I'm so stuck, I don't want to feel like this!

summer82
13-03-09, 23:02
welcome :) I'm new too so you're not alone. everyones really friendly here so don't worry :)

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:10
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx