PDA

View Full Version : Anyone there? Please help me

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 02:23
I'm in such a state. I take 2.5mg lorazepam at night & I have just realised that I have run out. I have one in a blister that expired Nov 2008, I have taken that, but I don't know if it will work. I am having such a panic now, they are a strong tablet & what if it doesn't work?

I can't believe I let myself run out. I will be up panicking all night now & will have to beg drs receptionist 2moro to get more.

I'm afraid, please help me.

Els

pooh
13-03-09, 02:30
Elspeth

I know its scarey but try to focus on something else sweetie. The stuff you have taken will probably still work so I wouldn't worry about that and if you explain tomoz at the docs they should ahve a repeat script ready for you to pick up tomoz. I know its not quite the same as an ssri that has a life span but you can and will get through tonight and make it till morning. Do everyhting you can think of to relax and see if you can get to sleep.

Pooh x

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 02:51
Pooh

Thank you for your reply. I am so afraid. Do you really think that the tablet will work, even though it expired over 3 months ago? I just cant relax, I'm in such a state. I feel dizzy & tingly & numb, I cant breath properly & my chest is tight, I'm gonna have a heart attack. I can't believe I let myself run out of them, or that I'm so addicted that I've got in this state. If I get through this night, I'm going to have to start slowly withdrawing from them because I cannot believe I feel this way, or that I forgot to get them.

I'm waffling, I'm sorry to anyone reading this, I sound like I've gone out of my head, that's what it feels like already.

I've been very frightened many many times in my life, but never like this. My body is shaking now, what's going to happen to me? OMG.

pooh
13-03-09, 02:57
Elspeth you are gonna be fine hun I promise you you are not gonna have a heart attack and nothing bad is going to happen. The adrenalin is pumping through your body and causing these feelings and emotions try not to be so scared of them and let that little rational voice in your head that we all have get a little louder. Watch a movuie read a book go intot he arcade and play games do something anything to distract yourself and take your mind off of your heightened anxiety. Come on sweetie we have both been here before and survived to live it again adn tell the tale you are gonna make it through tonight and get your script tomoz and tehn write on your calander when you should order your next one lol see a positive step you can do this if you wanna type tell me a funhny story that should help relax you a little

Pooh xxx

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 03:17
Pooh

Thank you for being here & being so helpful & rational. There is actually something taking my mind off it just at the moment. My noisy neighbours upstairs have just come home, obivously with some friends & are banging about & playing loud music. I would ordinarily be 'doing my nut' but I actually feel that at least it's not so deathly silent as an hour ago & at least I don't have to get up for work.

I will play in arcade for a while. If I can think of a funny story I will post it to you.

Thank you again pooh for being here.

Els

debera
13-03-09, 03:23
hi elspeth
you are going to be just fine hun. ihave in the past taken outdated clonazapam and it had the same effect on me as if i had taken one the didnt expire. try not to panic. you are going to be just fine
love debera

purplehaze
13-03-09, 03:34
it will 100% work so your going to be ok

pooh
13-03-09, 04:34
glad you are feeling better elspeth im heading off to bed hun you take care and look at the time the birds are singing here and the sun will soon be up and the surgery will be open and you are lamost there now hun

take care

Pooh xx

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 04:36
Thank you pooh again for being here for me. Yes its 4.35am. Have a good sleep.

Love
Els

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 04:38
Thank you deberah & purplehaze fpr your replies. I seem quite calm now. I hope it's not the calm b4 the storm:weep:

I may as well stay up now & go to drs as soon as they are open.

I won't do this again in a hurry.

Thanks again.

Els

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 09:23
Els

Glad you feel better.

Do you have a Lloyds Pharmacy near you at all?

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 10:39
Hi Nic

Feeling better than a few hours ago, thanks.

Yes we have a LLoyds pharmacy, they usually deliver my medication. I phoned drs & they told me to pick script up this afternoon. I have seen the adverts lately from Lloyds where they will let drs know when medication is due etc, so I will be talking to them about it this afternoon.

I had about hour & half sleep:ohmy: Going to try now to get some more.

I was soooooooo greatful that pooh was here & someone else who pm'd me for a long time, telling me I was gonna be ok. I never want to go thru that again I can tell ya.

Thanks

Els

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 11:04
Hiya Els

Yes I was going to say that I am looking into their repeat prescription thing as well cos I can't keep track of mine - I am on about 9 different meds for the illness and it is hard work to keep up. Perhaps we can both sign up for it eh?

xBettyBoopx
13-03-09, 23:41
Hi Nic

That's a lot of medication that you have to take:ohmy: but as long as it's keeping/getting you better then it must be worth it.

I couldn't sign up today because there were a lot of ppl in Lloyds & they are always short staffed, but I'm defo going to:yesyes: :yesyes:

Wanna laugh? Makes me realise how history repeats itself................ I always look at the expiry date on my meds because I was once given some that were 18 months out of date! Well, low & behold the date on my meds I was given today was Nov 2008!! Same date as the one I took last night:shrug: :shrug: Irony can be so ironic, lol:D :scared15:

Take care

Els:bighug1:

pooh
13-03-09, 23:41
HI elspeth

glad you mafe it through the night hun and got it all sorted, here's too a good sleep tonight and repeat prescrips you dont have to remember to order yourself lol.

Take care Pooh xx

pooh
13-03-09, 23:42
LMAo at the irony of that els lol lol

Pooh x