PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pains on Prozac?

Cat80
13-03-09, 12:40
I started taking Prozac on Monday so am 5 days in. On the Tuesday I started with bad lower stomach pains and since then they haven't gone. Nothing I do seems to get rid of it (painkillers don't work, anti spasmodics for my IBS don't work, heat pads don't work). It's just there in the middle of my lower abdomen and I'm achy around my ribs. Can prozac cause stomach pains? Just weird the pain started the day after I started taking them. Thanks

Juppster
14-03-09, 16:01
Hi

I just wanted to reply to your post so you don't think you're being ignored!! I started taking Fluoxetine 2 weeks ago but haven't experienced the stomach pains you're talking about?? May be worth a trip to your doctor?? Sorry i couldn't be of more help! hope it eases up for you soon :mad:

Cat80
14-03-09, 17:59
Thanks Juppster. Pains still here but not as frequent. Am feeling really sick and tired though which is dreadful. Am back at the Dr's on Friday so will mention it then, just scaring myself silly at the moment thinking my appendix is going to burst or something.

Juppster
14-03-09, 18:57
Good luck at the docs....i too felt very sick to start with on the fluoxetine... it has eased off a bit now though thank goodness...still waiting to feel the full effects though!!:wacko:

Cat80
15-03-09, 11:05
Thanks Juppster. I'm having one day today not taking the tablet just to see if I get the stomach pains. If I do then it's probably not the meds, if I don't then I will be calling the Dr's in the morning to ask about it. I've been sweating loads as well which I never do and is a side effect of fluoxetine.

nikkinik
15-03-09, 17:24
Hi,

Ive got a box of Prozac sitting in my drawer from about 1.5yrs ago.. the fact I got those pains youre talking about whilst on Citalopram has put me off taking any more.
So Id be inclined to say it could v well be related to your prozac.. doesnt seem too bad though as you say theyre a bit better? Perhaps youre just getting used to them and all is easing, slowly?

Cat80
16-03-09, 09:56
Thanks for the reply Nikkinik.

The stomach pains aren't as bad anymore but I just feel so ill. I'm tired all the time(can't seem to wake up), feel really sick, aching all over like when you've got flu, palpitations (could hear them in my head this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep), dizzy etc. Just feel terrible and daren't even leave the house I feel that bad