PDA

View Full Version : CBT have you tried it?

gizmoxx
13-03-09, 13:45
Hi
i have just been for my first assessment for CBT, i have another one next week then they will decide if its for me or not. I really hope it is as i dont know what will happen if not!
Jsut wondered if any of you had tried CBT and if so how did you get on with it?
Thanks
Sherrie
x

sunshine-lady
13-03-09, 16:41
I am curently on my second course of CBT and it is going well. I started my first sessions early last year, but I wasn't in a great place mentally so didn't really take much in. However this time it is a lot better and I have a great CBT theraphist.

Good luck xxx

NoPoet
21-03-09, 11:33
You need to work hard with CBT because you're training yourself to think differently, so you will be changing the way you live your life. I have been to a CBT qualified counsellor before and I found the talking therapy helped to relieve stress and anxiety, but I didn't have the willpower to do all the things we discussed. So the counselling side of it worked for me but I didn't put any real effort into the CBT side.

What helped the most was putting my problems in perspective -- nothing seems as bad when you actually look at it without flinching.

If you can motivate yourself, you should find it helps.

indie44
26-03-09, 10:50
I tried CBT about 4yrs ago first time i had tried it and i was all set to do it went to 3 apps but I knew i couldn't comit as my head was in wrong space and i knew i would have to work hard on it. So i left it, its something know i need to see about again as I need to be able to move on from some things and have things in my head that will maybe help me in future, this couseller i will be seeing next week re my anxiety does a bit of it with the anxiety. But i have so much else going on in my head that i will have to see what happens. Most people i know who have done it have found it be of good use to them even though i can seem like hard work and they keep on using it when things are around for them. Why i want to re look at doing some more. Good luck if you do and keep us updated on it