PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

MikeyT
30-07-05, 12:47
My anxiety re-appeared a couple of weeks ago - but now feeling rather low.
If I read through the check list defining depression on the front page of this web site - I can tick quite a few of the symptoms.
The anxiety has subsided, but for the last couple of days I feel very tired and lathergic.
I am not on any prescribed medication at the moment, just taking minerals and supplements as suggested on one of the other lists.
Should I go and see my GP about this and see about a course of anti-depresants - just don't know what to do at the moment.
Listening to the radio yesterday and they played a Robbie Williams song, not really a fan of his, but a line in the song seemed to ring true to me. I think it is something like - 'I don't want to die, but not keen on living either'- which at the moment I know where he's coming from.
Cheers all
Mick

carlin
30-07-05, 14:22
Hi Mick,
sorry you are feeling so down at the moment, you say your anxiety has re-appeared, the only thing i can say is, at least, if you have had it before you know it can disappear again? not much consolation though! I would definately visit the doctor, you may be given meds. which will help get you through this rough patch. Has anything started it off, or just feeling rough? I know what you mean about music, some just get you don't they, even if you don't like them Sorry i haven't been much help, but just to let you know you are not alone. take care and keep in touch.

Meg
30-07-05, 19:37
Mikey

There is a growing trend to treat all normal emotions of sadness as clinical depression and throw pills at it .

Clinical depression is a serious condition that definately needs and responds well to medication/ therapy

The difficulty is to assess whether this is sadness / frustration/ fedupness or real depression.

Does anything make you smile , does exercise help , does getting out into the country or seaside help ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?