PDA

View Full Version : Please help

pb
13-03-09, 19:08
I can't seem to manage my anxiety , everything seems out of control.
Applied to do a counselling course today and put my therapists number on form instead of mine - completley freaked out , but managed to contact college who will change this on Monday.
Worried about everything , so depresed and anxious - big fears over health also.
Often feen i can't go on . It all feels too late - im 45.
very very lonely and scared, please help.....

lrforge
13-03-09, 19:36
Well, know that you have us. And you are talking to a therapist which is a great start. You can do this, I know it.I think part of it is, we always hear everything bad, nothing good, never the good news on tv or magazines. So I think with us hearing all bad stuff, we get so used to focusing on that and nothing else. Its hard. You will get thru this...hugs.

Utility
13-03-09, 20:34
Hi

"Irforge" is correct. Try to focus on positive things (they are there) and ignore what you can of any negatives.

I can see one big positive so far - your post on this site! For many people that can take a good bit of courage.

Vanilla Sky
13-03-09, 21:33
We are all here for you, all of us understand what you are going through, your not alone, there is light ! Love and hugs to you x

suzy-sue
13-03-09, 23:10
Hi pb, I could of wrote this myself 6months ago,so i know exactly where you are right now. I was never one to resort to medication but every thing else failed .For me , it was the best thing i could have done as its got me back ,feeling happier than i was for years and my anxiety is minimal now.This site has helped me through ,just knowing that others felt the same and understanding has meant so much.Im sure the councelling will help you , but im sure the Doctor would be too willing to discuss some other options for you as well.Theres lots of information on self help available on the main menu& browsing through the posts,will be of great benefit .You will get through this ,please believe me. :bighug1: suex