PDA

View Full Version : I really need your help :(

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 19:14
Hi everybody at nomore panic, Im 18 years old from UK, I'm so glad I found this site, you seem all really nice and understand people, as I searched for what I'm suffering and this forum came up, so I was wanting to know if people can relate to what I'm suffering, and a little bit of re-asurance. :)

First of all I mean I feel like I'm going to have a sudden heart attack, the aches in my left arm, mild pain in my chest and arms, heart palpitations, jumps, strains. Obsessive thoughts about my heart.

I have seen like 5 Gps, had 2 ECGS and 2 hospital journeys and 2 ambulance calls..

Can anyone re-assure me or relate please?

lrforge
13-03-09, 19:27
This is my scare to, I am 28, from the us. Hearts skips for the last year and a 1/2. My echo was normal last week and I am waiting for my holter results. I am sure that you are ok, you have had them checked out. Have they ever given you a reason to worry? Do you think about it alot? I do, I know it makes it worse to. Can't stop the worry cycle

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 20:05
Hello mate

Yeah I think about it alot.

It's actually really depressing :(

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 20:06
Would it be so bad if you did have a heart attack?

I had one 6 months ago and I am fine.

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 20:07
Are you serious?

Heart attacks can kill, right?

I'm only 18 and docs and people said Im fine .. its just the worry about my symptoms I said

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 20:11
Yes I am serious. I now have a metal stent in one of my heart arteries. I am 42 by the way and it was completely unexpected.

What I am trying to say is that it doesn't necessarily kill you so please don't worry ok.

You are very young to have such worries and you have had all the tests etc so you will be fine.

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 20:13
Oh, I thought you were indicating that I could have one, that sounds really scary what youv'e had :( hope your alright.

It feels good for you to tell me I will be fine and you recconise the symtoms.. would you say its anxiety?

mickh555
13-03-09, 20:20
Elliot mate.Seriously.You are way to young.If i,ve counted right,you,ve been checked out 11 times .So its safe to assume its anxiety.

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 20:28
Elliot mate.Seriously.You are way to young.If i,ve counted right,you,ve been checked out 11 times .So its safe to assume its anxiety.

Cheers for that mate, it sure feels like a 10 pound weight has been taken off my shoulders when people assure me.

kenboon
13-03-09, 21:15
Your first post sounds exactly the same as when i first started. I was always in the DRS sure i had a heart condition or something sinisture and was taken to hospital as well.
Just wondering Elliot though, how many 18 year olds do you know that have had a heart attack? That and the fact that you have had ECGs, I would say your in good nick in that respect.

The first major hurdle for you as for many others is acceptance that all of the strong physical symptoms that you experience, are anxiety related. Read this page http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms it helped me alot to understand what was going on and why. And when a new symptom cropped up i would check that for reasurance.

I hope your feeling better soon.

all the best

Ken

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 21:24
Your first post sounds exactly the same as when i first started. I was always in the DRS sure i had a heart condition or something sinisture and was taken to hospital as well.
Just wondering Elliot though, how many 18 year olds do you know that have had a heart attack? That and the fact that you have had ECGs, I would say your in good nick in that respect.

The first major hurdle for you as for many others is acceptance that all of the strong physical symptoms that you experience, are anxiety related. Read this page http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms it helped me alot to understand what was going on and why. And when a new symptom cropped up i would check that for reasurance.

I hope your feeling better soon.

all the best

Ken

ah Ken mate, your a legend.. you dont know how much I appreshiate all this, it may not look much but it sure feels alot when I feel like the way I do..

I suppose your right about the 18 and heartattack thing .. dosnt happen unless a heart condition when born i suppose :)

kenboon
13-03-09, 21:28
Please read that symptoms page. I'm sure it will help you alot. And keep posting on here. This place is real god send :)

Ken

ElliotUK
13-03-09, 21:29
I will mate

Thanks!