PDA

View Full Version : Throat Cancer?

Emaa
13-03-09, 20:19
For the past few months, I'm OBSESSING about having throat cancer. So much that I daren't even mention it to my bf. I'm just keeping it to myself thinking that if I mention it to him it'll make it seem more real. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I've convinced myself that I won't live to see my son reach his first birthday. It's tearing me up. I can't sleep, I'm struggling to keep food down - I'm that nervous all the time that I throw up as soon as I've eaten.

It all started when I noticed veins in my mouth, my bf tried to convince me it's just pregnancy. Then I noticed that my voice is still hoarse.. It's been this way now since long before my pregnancy. I do smoke though. I keep prodding and stroking and checking the left side of my throat to see if there's any lumps or bumps and I noticed that when I 'poked' in a few places that it stung.

I've asked a question on yahoo answers about the stinging, and I asked my doctor. But no-one knows what it is. I also have social anxiety. so when I went to my doctor's I wouldn't correct her and just nodded and left. She said the stinging was muscular, probably because I've been sleeping sat up because of heart burn.... The thing is, I've been sleeping sat up for a week.. This 'stinging' has been here for several weeks. It's really panicking me. I keep thinking it's cancer or something. It's not there all the time, only in certain places when I poke it.. I only have it on my left side though, not the right.

I woke up today feeling like there's a lump in the right side of my throat, about half way down. I can only tell when i swallow. That's freaking me out now - ALOT. i'm absolutley terrified I have cancer.

Because I'm pregnant I've come off all my meds, and I'm not allowed CBT until I've given birth, because they said it'll get worse before it gets better and they don't want to put me through extra stress.#

I feel so alone, and I'm convinced that I'm dying. I'm really struggling to cope. >_< what can i do?

Do you think it's cancer? Or does ANYONE know anything about the stinging?

It's definatley not muscular, it's near the skin where it stings.

Emaa
13-03-09, 20:21
Also, I mentioned throat cancer to my doctor and she said my glands weren't up and she looked in my throat and said that all was okay. Well - She looked into my mouth :/

Emaa
13-03-09, 20:40
Thanks anyway :/

mickh555
13-03-09, 20:56
I dont think for a minute you have got throat cancer.You,ve seen something that you thought was unusual and over analyzed it.Trust the doctor.Stop poking as well !!

bottleblond
13-03-09, 20:58
If you had throat cancer hun you certainly wouldn't have has these last few months to think about it without treatment. Throat cancer is very progressive and without the proper treatment, well lets just say you wouldn't still be sitting worrying about it.
It definately NOT cancer hun-promise you!!!

It may be some type of allergy though! or even something to do with your anxiety! It's not unheard of.

Please try not to worry about it being cancer because it's not!

Love and hugs
Lisa
xxxx

:bighug1: