PDA

View Full Version : Going mad with worry

AlkiAdam
13-03-09, 20:57
Right i have posted several threads about my symptoms but they just dont seem to get getting better :( and im becoming such a mess,

Right i have pressure in my head (mainly in the evening)
Feel weak all the time
Out of place, unreal
Phantom smells :( (probs cause i think i have a brain tumour)
also eyes and forehead hurting
dizzy spells

i feel like im going mad with it, can anyone shed any light please, is it a brain tumour, thats all i can think of x x :( x x any help will be greatly recieved x

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 21:13
No it isn't a brain tumour and until you believe that you won't get better I am afraid.

All of these are ANXIETY trust me

bottleblond
13-03-09, 21:28
Nicola is right! these are classic symptoms of anxiety and not symptoms of a brain tumour!

I have had all of what you describe and yes it is scary but it's not anything that can hurt you hun.

Lisa
xxx

jill
13-03-09, 21:42
Hi hun :D:hugs:

You are not going mad, please don't think this, I know its dame hard for you right now, but we must try and put this into perceptive.

I am NO gp, but look at your symptoms, what I do NOT see, Is brain tumor, but I know where you coming from with this, when I was acute I thought I had a brain tumor, ohh my goodness me, it frightened the life out of me.

The could be something to do with your sinuses (there are lots of threads on this ) but this sounds more to be anxiety symptoms.

Hunny, I can only go off myself. I am panic, high anxiety free because of this great site, but going through a rough time at the mo. My symptoms were...

Waking up with what I call a hangover ( no alcohol involved) when I wake, I have pressure behind my nose. I can smell something, its NOT coming from outside it seems to be coming from behind my nose, Mmm, if that makes any sense, mind you, some anxiety symptoms just don't make sense to me at all sometimes. My eyes feel sore. Feeling toltaly wacked, not wanting to do anything, my get up and go, just got up and went, without me, so to speak, forcing myself to do things, pushing myslelf through the tierdness, I only had the space out feeling once and headaches.

I have had these symptoms when acute with panic, high levels of anxiety and THEY did at the time frighten the life out of me, had me thinking all kinds, I do know how scary these symptoms can be, right now, for me. I KNOW, that mine are anxiety related, due to whats going on around me at the mo. My daughter who suffered panic, high anxiety many years before I did, is having a blip right now and I lost my way for awhile, helping my daughter get out and about, I forgot to think about myself, but back on track now.:yesyes:

For me, defo anxiety related, they are all easing off now.

The hardest thing when symptoms are anxiety related is, if you fear symptoms and put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 ( eg brain tumour or something more sinsiter) you will feed your anxiety and the symptoms will stay longer.

Hun, try separting your symptoms and look up each one on the fourms, YOU WILL find that each symptom you have IS an anxiety symtpoms. I know this is dame hard for you :hugs: but if this does not put your mind at rest pop along to your gp. Peace of mind goes along way.

You take care, I do hope this has helped a little, even if its just knowing you are not alone.

LOVE JILL XXX

CharlesLinden
13-03-09, 21:57
Trust me... tens of thousands of clients later... this sounds like a typical phone call with a new client!! The symptoms you decsribe are very typical of clasic anxiety sufferers and NONE are harmful or threatening in any way at all. A good head, neck and shoulder massage would probably sort most of it out! All of the nerves and bllod vessels that feed the face and head come from your neck straight over the top of your head. Any tension in the neck can cause these blood vessels and nerves to become trapped and crushed, causing pain, dizziness, tightness, eye pain, watery eyes, disturbed smell, tooth pain, jaw pain, numbness and the list goes on!!

Stop focusing on the symptoms and find something to focus on which projects your consciousness out of your body instead of internalising all of your conscious thought and embeishing your symptoms with anxiety fuelled fantasy and 'what if' thoughts!

Get a massage!

Charles

Charles