13-03-09, 21:44
I now think I have this form of cancer.
Symptoms:
Blood in urine (according to dipstick)
Aching loin pain
Groin pain
Sharp stabbing pains in right hand side, and both sides of lower back
Bladder pain
I am so worried, docs have found no infection, no kidney stones, so now having more blood tests which should be back on Tuesday, I am so scared, I can't cope with this anymore..... :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying:

nomorepanic
13-03-09, 21:57
Let me guess - you have been googling again yes?

I have blood in urine and groin pain and back pain and bladder problems and I don't have cancer and nor do you.

You must stop this googling and trying to find a cancer that matches your symptoms - please! It will do you no good and it is making you ill I am sure.

You really do need to get help with HA though before it makes you so worried that you keep on searching google for more cancers.

countrygirl
13-03-09, 22:13
I have leaky kidneys that are perfectly normal and work fine but they have big filters on them so I lose blood/protein etc into my urine all the time. The only time I don't is if I drink loads and it dilutes it so much its undetectable but on normal wee the dipsticks always always pick it all up. I have had blood in my urine for past 25 yrs!

If you have had an ultrasound of your kidneys and it was okay then you don't have kidney cancer.

fairyloveheart
13-03-09, 22:25
Thanks for your thoughts Nic. It just hurts so much and I always jump to worst case scenarios that usually end in painful deaths :( I don't know how to change my thought processes around this....I don't know how to stop it....but you are right google does me no good, and I do hunt for cancer to cancer....ovarian or Kidney this week.

CountryGirl, thanks for your comments too. I had an xray not an ultrasound. I guess I was kinda hoping it was a kidney stone as that would explain things. The pain just doesn't seem to let up, it's continuous and has been for over 2 weeks now :(

lauren6
14-03-09, 01:55
There are certain tuypes of kidney stones that they can't see on x-rays, uric acid for one. I had 2 of them and they could only be seen on cat scans. Ultrasound can also pick them up which is far less invasive. I'd insist on an ultrasound. if it is kidney stones, they can fix it. But you have to know. It's unusual to have pain on both sides though...unless you have 2 stones going on at the same time. I don't know how the health system is where you are, if the emergency room will do an ultrasound on weekends, but maybe worth a try?

lauren6
14-03-09, 01:58
I want to add that I hope you get a copy of all your blood work. If you have one, check the uric acid count. If it's high, like mine was, it could mean that you're forming uric acid stones and you can go on the diet to prevent them in the future. Also, if you do pass a stone, make sure you save it for analysis. Chances are that if you had a stone, you would be seeing blood, not just on the dipstick. I had real blood and lots of pain, no bladder pain..once the stone moves to the bladder (which is the goal), it feels like you have to pee, but the back pain goes away. Still, I can't know what you have so I hope you get it properly diagnosed soon.

fairyloveheart
16-03-09, 00:26
i am really worried. I have a sharp stabbing pain. What is this....?

tommy1982
16-03-09, 00:32
health anxiety!!!

u where in a fecken mri a month ago :)

hang in there, its all health anxiety, your so focused on it now you will feel loads of strange stuff!!

Trixie
16-03-09, 06:01
i am really worried. I have a sharp stabbing pain. What is this....?

Are you sure is isn't anything to do with your back? I get terrible groin pains from mine.

Now you know it isn't cancer don't you? You have been really good these past few weeks after they sorted your brain tumour out.

And yes you can cope, look how you managed with the pain in your face and we all know how painful anything is in that area.

The results will be back soon they might even be there today (you could always phone up to find out).

Now chin up .:bighug1:

fairyloveheart
16-03-09, 10:19
Thanks Trixie and Tommy. I wish my brain wouldn't always jumpt to the worst conclusions/scenarios with pain.

I was ok with this one until it went on for so long, then I think it must be bad or it would have stopped by now. There is defo something wrong as there is blood in my urine.....

I rang the docs but no blood tests back yet, will try after 2 :(

Sorry to go on all the time

Trixie
16-03-09, 10:50
Thanks Trixie and Tommy. I wish my brain wouldn't always jumpt to the worst conclusions/scenarios with pain.

I was ok with this one until it went on for so long, then I think it must be bad or it would have stopped by now. There is defo something wrong as there is blood in my urine.....

I rang the docs but no blood tests back yet, will try after 2 :(

Sorry to go on all the time

Don't be sorry.:flowers:

Did they rule out a urine infection?

fairyloveheart
16-03-09, 13:31
Yep. No infection in the sample.

The blood results are back now, Full Blood Count - Abnormal (whatever that means), Renal tests and CRP (?) all normal.

So now I am panicing about abnormal FBC, what is that supposed to mean. The receptionist did say that it said, discuss at your next 'routine' appointment. :(

So the kidney function tests are ok....so what is going on.

Do you think that ovary pain could cause abdominal pain like this - as they say that this can cause lower back pain and groin pain :(

seeker
16-03-09, 14:03
It might be something simple like low iron levels, indicative of anemia. Why not go back and explain your worries - I suspect they will tell you if it was cancer, there would be other clues in the blood tests, such as inflammatory markers. They should be able to put your mind at ease, anyway. I have been getting really bad back pains around my ovulation time - it did remind me of my kidney infection, but it went away after about a week.

justbananas
16-03-09, 14:59
because your renal test and CRP (which is c-reactive protein) tests came back normal - that means you do NOT have any kidney disease, and they are healthy and functioning as normal.

as for the abnormality on the CBC - it could be something like high or low count - which often indicates infection etc. If it was something serious, they'd be dealing with it right away. HOWEVER - i would definitely phone in or stop by and find out exactly what on there was abnormal and what the plan is to proceed because with the pain - it sounds like you could have an infection that was not picked up because of the abnormal cbc, and it may need to be treated with, for example, antibiotics.

it sounds like something totally not serious but why live with the pain if they have a clear indication that you have some sort of infection? furthermore - you COULD have a urinary tract infection - those dip tests are not always accurate. i wouldn't leave it at that and would make the doctor answer further to the test results. the good news is that your kidneys are fine and it sounds like just an annoying infection of some sort that you need to get to the bottom of.

fairyloveheart
16-03-09, 19:19
Thanks for your replies. They had no appointments left today so I will have to go in tomorrow and find out what it is. The lower back and groin pain has been quite bad today. :(
I am worried that it is kidney tumours....or ovarian cancer or cysts....

fairyloveheart
17-03-09, 19:16
I went to the docs, who said that I was anaemic.....but that they'd do another blood test for that later this month in case it was a one off- I'm having B12 injections anyway...so don't get it.

Then they are sending me for an abdominal ultrasound - but not sure when yet, have to wait for a date.

I asked about ovary pain, but she said it would be much lower down and not be in the back - despite what I'd read about that??

I also am worried as Kidney disease can cause anaemia......

fairyloveheart
18-03-09, 18:47
So, so worried.....think my kidneys are failing

Trixie
18-03-09, 19:21
So, so worried.....think my kidneys are failing

No they aren't.:bighug1:

Wee-Mee
18-03-09, 19:32
Aw honey I am so sorry you are suffering like this.

It's awful and we feel worse even when we get assured things are alright,we think the worst still.

I'm sure if your kidneys were failing though,you would have a fever and chills etc and vomiting and such.

I'm sorry this isn't a really good reply. I just want you to understand that I know how you are feeling. We all do. It's hell and we're here for you xxxxxxx

fairyloveheart
20-03-09, 10:20
So fed up, my arm aches now and I keep thinking what if all this is connected, arm ache, hurty kidneys, groin, face pain....what does it all point to. I can't go on being ill all the time, it is ridiculous :(

fairyloveheart
21-03-09, 20:39
Ugh, feeling horrid. Felt ok earlier, but now pain is back with a vengeance in my right side, lower abdomen.
Also feel awful as I fell down the stairs yesterday, and landed with a real clatter and my muscles ache all over. I keep worrying I have done something bad. It hurts to sit down.
I feel sick too :(

Void123
21-03-09, 21:11
Oh im so sorry but it might not be the worst thing in the world to just get checked over by a doctor just to see if you havent dont any lasting damage when you fell :bighug1:

PoppyC
21-03-09, 21:26
Hi
I am sorry that you are going through what you are.
I have kidney problems and if your renal tests and CRP test (shows if kidneys are functioning fine or not) came back fine then you do not have any kidney disease. If your kidneys were seriously failing you would be very ill - too ill to use the internet and type your concerns, and you would be in intensive care by now.
A lot of women are anaemic and a lot dont even realise they are until tests are done. Its very common and unless you are very anaemic you probably wouldnt even realise.It can can cause tiredness and feeling run down.
B12 is not the same as iron. Lack of iron in the diet and other reasons can cause anaemia.Iron deficiency is low blood iron. B-12 is a vitamin essential for nerves.

Maybe you have a virus? Have you had blood tests? If you had any signs of kidney cancer it would show in the blood test and it would have been found through the CRP test and renal test.
I am not suggesting it is all due to anxiety but I know personally speaking that anxiety can make us physically ill in so many ways, and can cause all sorts of aches and pains.
Hopefully you will soon feel better and the tests will come back clear. I hope you find out what is causing you to feel poorly.

fairyloveheart
24-03-09, 11:00
Thanks guys. I just hate feeling so ill all the time. It is just rubbish!!

Am still waiting for the ultrasound appointment, it has been 2 weeks now.... I might ring up today.

What should I do about the anaemia then? Is there anything I can do?

I am having more blood tests at the end of the week for B12.

So if they are different things, why would I be deficient in both?

marius
24-03-09, 11:33
hi,
I couldn`t find in your post if you really have anemia. First you have to determine IF you have anemia, then, the nature of your anemia.
For informative purposes,
# If it is due to iron defficiency, then you may change your diet (e.g. enriched cereals for breakfast, cooked beans, liver lentils, asparagus, pumpkin seeds etc.). Also, there are some iron supplements, but don`t take them unless prescribed by the doctor.
Some foods are known to enhance the absorbtion of iron: broccoli, tomato souce, meat, eggs, liver, brussels sprouts, oranges and orange juice etc.
Avoid caffeine, tea, red wine.

#If it`s due to lack of cobalamin (B12 vitamin), this can be found in meat, diary products and eggs. You can also take supplements if you are a vegetarian.
marius

fairyloveheart
25-03-09, 22:38
i can't cope anymore. I really can't. Pain bad today in my face as always, in my kidneys and now in my stomach too and i was sick. I just know there is something badly wrong. You don't feel ill for a year and a half with no cause. I need to go back to doc and ask whether the blood tests showed low b12 or iron. She just referred to it as anaemia but didn't say which or how to treat. I am also waiting for an ultrasound for my kidneys. Feel so sick. I can't do this any more

fairyloveheart
26-03-09, 10:03
I'm in such a fix. I just feel so awful and don't know what to do. My face is killing me and my abdomen hurts a lot.

fairyloveheart
27-03-09, 14:07
Ultrasound now booked for 1st April - I am frightened.....
Pain is bad today, in my groin, side and higher in my back too

fairyloveheart
27-03-09, 20:59
What if I die whilst waiting