PDA

View Full Version : I made it to work!!!!!!! - Updated

Mcched
30-07-05, 16:50
Well I cannot believe it!!!!! I have actually made it to work this week twice!!!!!! Battling with public transport on my own!!!!

On Thursday I went back to work, I haven't been back properly for 6 weeks and previous to that I did a week and a half and then had a bad time on the tram and had to go back to the doctors and previous to that I was off work for 10 weeks!!!! So haven't really been working since March this year!!!

I had been into to see them on the previous Friday and my GM was fab. I could come to work at what time I liked and leave whenever I needed to!!!!! There wasn't anything for me to specifically do but could do what I wanted as much or as little!!!! It was fab came away feeling like there wasn't any pressure on me. I was also going to have a phase back into the workplace buildingup my hours and days etc!!! My GM understood what I was going through as she suffered with depression and had, had to have 6 months off in a previous job where she then became agrophobic. So already I felt like there wasn't pressure to perform unlike last time I tried to go back!!!!

On Wednesday I didn't think about it. Then woke up Thursday and felt lousy!!!!! Heart flutters, sweating and feeling sick!!! I had decided to go in early so that my partner could take me to the station and I could get the tram from there. I have a fear of being out on my own and this causes me enormous anxiety!!! So I made it onto the tram. Had a book to try and distract me but felt quite nervous. (have changed my anxiety to nervousness now to see if I cope better!!!) Don't know how but I made it to my stop 30 mins later and managed to walk the 15 mins to work!!!! Result!! Then spent the day shadowing the GM. I was only going to stay for 2 hours, 6 hours later I am still there. I felt so tired and my head was pickled!!!! Information overload!!! It then took me 30 mins to pluck the courage up to get the tram back home!!! Which I did and because I was so tired I didn't get chance to be nervous.

I phoned my partner to pick me up but he was still in work 30 miles away so I had to take the bus!!! My worst fear ever!!! Got on the bus was alright for about 3 stops then started to feel bad. Dizziness, headache, dry mouth and heart flutterings. I kept telling myself I would be alright!!! Well I made the journey and managed to calm myself down!!! Felt so tired that I had an early night and had a great nights sleep!!!

Friday was a fab journey into work, taken to the station again!!! Got on tram, started to read book and before I knew it was at my stop. Even managed to go to Starbucks on the way in!!!! Had a very busy day and manged to last 8 hours!!!!! I was so tired that when I spoke to my partner from work he said he would come and pick me up!!! (I know a bit of a cop out but I was falling asleep near the end of the day!!!!) So went home had tea and went to bed!!!!!!! I can't believe work can be so exhausting!!!!!!

I am actually looking forward to going into work on Monday so that must be a good sign!!!!!! I am still taking my St Johns Wort and am keeping my Rescue remedy close at hand!!!! I went to my local shop alone today and actually enjoyed the experience. So here's to onwards and upwards!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'll keep you posted on how I am doing!!!!

Take care

Nikki

Peru83
30-07-05, 17:04
CONGRATULATIONS

Wish you all the best, I'm sure that you'll be fine.

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

carlin
30-07-05, 18:17
How fantastic, you should be very proud! It was a pleasure to read your post, you are a inspiration to us all. Well done again, keep at it, have a good week-end and enjoy work!!!!!

seh1980
30-07-05, 19:19
Well done!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pinkscrumpy
30-07-05, 19:51
WELL DONE NIKKI

I'm so proud of you

:D:D:D[^][^][^][Yes!]

MANDIE XX

Meg
30-07-05, 20:46
Nikki

Thats is fantastic progress.

Well done for sticking at it even when you had a wobble and knew you could have left if you wanted to.

You may have blips in the future but you know that they pass if you stick with it and use diversion and changing your thoughts

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
30-07-05, 20:53
Well done Nikki.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Mcched
10-08-05, 09:51
Well its been another week and a half and I am still in work!!!!!!

Last week I managed to work 4 full days which was fantastic. I was absolutely shattered but I did it!!!!![^][^][^]

Work has been great and let me come and go when I need to but at the moment I am working the full day maybe because I do have the option to go home if I need too!!!

I still feel anxious on public transport and when I am out on my own. I get waves of dizziness and fluttering in my chest. When this happens I try to ignore it and have a conversation in my head that I will be fine!!! Instead of worrying now, the anxiousness and panic happens and then it passes instead of me worrying that my symptoms may turn into something more severe.

I am having trouble getting transport home in the evening but when I come out of work I am shattered so unfortunately I am cheating and my partner is coming to collect me!!!! I am going to try over the next few days to get on transport on my own in the evening. I am not sure whether I am too tired or my sub conscious is making me lazy and apprehensive!!!

Next week I am on holiday so I am looking forward to having a lie in!!!!! Catch up on sleep!!! We are going to visit my parents as it is my mums birthday and then I am off to detox and relax at a spa!!! (Not on my own though!!) Then we may go camping for the weekend after!!! (weather permitting as I myself and my 2 dogs are only fair weather campers!!!)

I'll keep you posted on how my eveing trips on my own go!!!

Take care

Nikki

Meg
10-08-05, 12:21
Nikki,

This is such good news .

Very well done indeed for making such a stirling effort and proving to yourself time after time that it is doable despite waves of feeling terrible!!I

ts really lovely to hear of good employers too

I don't consider having a lift home is cheating at all - its because of fatigue and not avoidance.

Keep it up and have a lovely holiday . Which spa are you going to ?

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

pips
11-08-05, 11:22
Hi Nikki,

Wow just caught up on your post you are doing so well hun! that's brillent. Keep up the good work and have a lovely holiday. Enjoy the Spa I love them to you can't beat a good old Spa experience hey!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Mcched
11-08-05, 20:09
Well an update from yesterday!!!!

I have had quite a bad day to day!!! :(:(:(

I am angry with myself for letting myself be anxious!!!!

I worried yesterday that I maybe the one that has to open in the morning to let the staff in as there are loads of people on holiday and only a few have keys. I didn't check the schedule so spent last night and this morning trying to work out who would be in. Came to the conclusion no one!!!

Nearly missed my tram as I didn't realise what the time was, then rushed to buy a ticket, then manage to catch the tram.

Then it started......

I started to fiddle, felt dizzy, then head started to go funny with blurred vision. Felt awful but knew I couldn't get off the tram as everyone was relying on me to let them in the building!!! Got to just before my stop and felt like I was going to pass out!! (which of course I didn't)

Phoned my partner and rambled on as I walked to my office. Got in and was then confronted with a medley of maintenace people!!! argh!!! No one had left me a handover to let me know what they were in for!!! Felt awful and anxious but carried on!!! (thank goodness for fisherman friends and rescue remedy!!)

Managed to get myself feeling more controlled after an hour. I was worried because my usual buddies who support me weren't in and I was worried that I would totally freak out. (have never done this in front of anyone before so not sure why I would start now or what I would do???)

Anyway made myself go out and grab some lunch, which gave me anxious levels of 6 and palpitations BUT................

I survived it!!!!! :):):)

Bit worried about tomorrow morning but there isn't as much pressure on me!!! I am going to talk to my GM to see if we can keep todays situation to a minimum for the time being!!!

I know I can survive it and I will!!!!

After all I am on holiday next week and I am going to enjoy some stressfree me time with family and friends!!!!

Wish me luck for tomorrow!!!

Nikki

Meg
11-08-05, 21:01
Hi Nikki ,

So there werfe several reasons for it being a challenging day.

Position of uncertain responsibility without any time to prepare therefore had to do certain things taking away that feeling of freedom.

Not having colleagues nearby

Going out for sandwich

and you managed all of them well but not surprising you felt stressed as they were new situations for you.

I thkink you abve NO reason whatsoever to feel angry . You did very well indeed under several new challenging circumstances !!!!!!!!

You might want to reward yourself for doing so well instead.

Umm - go and get sandwiches more often.

Meg

nomorepanic
12-08-05, 14:03
Nikki

Just caught up with this post and I am so pleased it is going well for you.

You are doing great and I know there are times that you feel rubbish and panicky but the more you sit through those times the easier they will get in time.

Bet you are looking forward to next week off!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Mcched
12-08-05, 22:09
Well I survived today!!!!! [:O][:O][:O]

Got on the tram, felt no pressure as I didn't have to open up to let everyone in!!!!!!

Felt fine on the tram even managed a starbucks and a trip to the cash point on the way!!!! Didn't feel nervous at all, actually enjoyed the trip in!!!

Lunch today wasn't a problem so feel I have put yesterday behind me!!!

Spoke to my GM and explain how yesterday made me feel and we agreed not to put me under that kind of pressure for the moment as I don't want a relapse. I am calling yesterday a blip!!! Bit like being on a diet and eating a yard of chocolate!!! LOL

Had my last counselling session yesterday too so feel I have got closure on some of my demons. People have even commented that I have changed and now feel I am on the road to recovery!!! So this evening I treated myself to a family size bag of revels!!! (The dog had the soffee ones!!!)

Now just need to get myself driving alone again and onto the buses!!!! Am going to look at new cars whilst away this weekend so hopefully it will make me want to drive again!!

Then am going to detox off all the revels that I ate tonight at the spa!!! Can't wait!!!

I'll let you know how I get on car hunting LOL!!!! [8D][8D][8D]

Take care and thanxs to everyone for their support!!!!!

Nikki - onwards and upwards!!!!

Mcched
12-08-05, 22:13
P.s. Didn't give the chocolate coating to my dog, just the coffee centre!!!

Tip - put them in the fridge then you can eat round the centre to find out which ones are coffee!!! ;););)

Meg
12-08-05, 23:23
Lovely Nikki

Had a lovely time away - seems like your dog may need a caffiene detox too !

Which spa are you going to ?

Meg

Mcched
13-08-05, 11:25
Hi Meg

Am going to Dunkenhalgh spa near Blackburn. It use to be a manor house set in 17 acres of ground!!!

It should be fab and we've a whole day of pampering so can't wait!!!!!!

Nikki