PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to the hospital?

Kaybee
14-03-09, 01:45
Hey guys,

I'm sorry for posting this really silly question, but I've been insanely light headed for the past half hour, my arms and legs feel like jelly, I genuinely feel like I am ready to pass out and I can't breathe properly.

I don't know what to do. I'm on my. It doesn't feel like one of my normal panic moments. Should I go to the hospital...or will I just wait to see if it passes?

I'm really worrying about passing out and no one finding me... can someone help?

lrforge
14-03-09, 01:52
How are you feeling now? Is there anyone you can call? Is it something that you feel you need to go in for? Has it changed

Kaybee
14-03-09, 01:55
I'm so short of breath, theres a dull pain in the back of my neck and I'm still feeling really weak. My housemates are on their way home now but I don't know how long they will be.

I'm not as lightheaded as I was... but I'm still a little.

I just don't want to pass out. I used to do that a lot when I was younger. If I was to pass out, I would rather do it in the hospital than on my own in the house.

Oceanblue
14-03-09, 02:05
Hi Kaybee,

I'm really not sure what is the right thing to do. But,.. I did just want to say that I too felt exactly like this earlier this evening, I also felt sick.

I hadn't eaten since this morning, so I think that could have been a cause, but I know mostly that it was triggered by a panic of something I thought I had done wrong.

Rest on the sofa, drink some water and stay away from the pc, as I don't think the lights will help if you're feeling faint and try and calm down and wait for your flatmates to arrive.

Failing that, keep talking here and we'll try and help you further.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

Kaybee
14-03-09, 02:12
Thanks, yeah, I thought my light headedness was due to lack of food, so I had something to eat and a few glasses of water, but it still hasn't subsided. That was about an hour ago now... normally it goes away pretty sharpish.

I'm not going to SD any of my symptoms. Google is my worst enemy when I'm like this, but hopefully they will be home soon and I manage to keep from passing out until then.

I was supposed to go home to see my parents today, and I had a change of schedule at the last minute. Not going until tomorrow, and I personally understand how this would send me into a panic attack, because I dislike plans etc changing suddenly, but this doesn't feel like one of my panic attacks.

Hopefully it will pass, I'm just trying to keep calm. I might have to take a nebulizer..but I'm trying not to use it alot..

Thank you!

Kaybee
14-03-09, 02:23
I think I'm going to be ok guys... my breathing has regulated a bit. Still light headed but I'm ok when I lie down. My legs are fine and my arms are just a little bit wobbly.

Maybe if I get some sleep I will feel better.. or at least I won't be thinking about it.

Oceanblue
14-03-09, 02:29
That's good Kaybee, try and get some sleep, feeling tired is not going to help, your body is probably screaming out for some rest.

Take good care and I hope it passes very soon xx

lrforge
14-03-09, 02:39
I am glad you are starting to feel better. Its weird how panic attacks can change. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a better night.:bighug1:

justbananas
14-03-09, 06:17
are you ok now? let us know

mandie
14-03-09, 10:08
Hi

Hope u are feeling better now, i no how scarey it is when u get those symptoms

love mandie x

Kaybee
14-03-09, 20:36
Yeah I settled down completely after an hour or so guys thanks! It was just so weird. I can tell usually what is a panic attack and what isn't... just felt so different last night.

I have to try and get all my health worries under control..