PDA

View Full Version : Ok ... here goes ...

lollypop75
14-03-09, 19:17
Hi there

Well, I have been reading lots about other people on the site and it's been a really great help so thought I would write a little about me. I have not been diagnosed with Panic/Aniexty Disorder but from the symptoms described am 99.9% certain this is what I am suffering with!

My head went so dizzy the other day at work I was unable to drive home! I visited the Doctor who checked me over, made me feel like I was wasting his time and sent me on my way, telling me he didn't know what was causing the dizziness but to come back in 24 hours if I still felt the same! Boo!

I've managed to tie the "attacks" down to certain situations and would love to know if other people have particular triggers?

Keeping this one short and sweet but am here if anyone would like to chat!

Juppster
14-03-09, 19:49
:welcome:

i hate panicking
14-03-09, 20:24
:welcome:lollypop75

lorac
14-03-09, 20:36
Hi lollypop

Welcome to the site I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

meeno
14-03-09, 21:59
Hi lollypop! Well done on finding the site, it really helps. :)

In answer to your question I do find situations can trigger it, the worst for me being large crowds of people or when lots of people are in a tight space like a bus. It seems like this is the same for a lot of people.

Hope this helps

duskess
14-03-09, 23:30
hello Lollypop , Welcome to NMP , I think you may be correct and you have panic anxiety, alot of doctors are helpful so if this keeps occuring, i would ask for another appointent with a different doctor , i think you need to learn how to manage this dizzyness as
their is tecniques to help , explain to your doctor you want to know how to control your anxiety and would he-she please help , some doctors are really understanding . good luck best wishes dusky x

Patty
15-03-09, 01:12
Hi Lollypop75, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Situations that could 'trigger' panic attacks & anxiety for me are: Feeling trapped in a situation/place where escape may not be easy, social situations & driving. I can also relate to the feeling of dizziness that you describe. I have found that it helps if I keep reminding myself that this is down to anxiety and I am not (and never have) collapsed or fainted due to this.

I hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes :flowers:

kittykat
15-03-09, 19:43
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support on here that helps a lot, there is also a good chatroom as well, take care xx

sunshine-lady
15-03-09, 20:54
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif