Alexy
15-03-09, 00:59
anal pains, constipation.....bowel cancer?:'(

Im so terrified, im 17, and constantly worrying about this:'(

finny12000
15-03-09, 01:18
hi alexy
the chances of bowel cancer at 17 are next to nothing and your worrying
will be making symtoms worse as anxiety feeds pain.
pop to docs next week and talk it over about diet constipation ect and
probably at worst he will give you some sachets of fybrogel to drink which should do trick...
i can assure you now you havent got bowel cancer so see doc and
try and chill ok ,all the best finn x

mickh555
15-03-09, 01:34
Hiya.I would give you a list of all the diseases i used to think i had .Problem is,you might get them as well lol.Cut a long story short.I found out that if you seriously make the effort to ignore these "symptoms" they will go away.

Nechtan
15-03-09, 02:04
Hi,

I'm 37 and never had any problem down that region in my life until a few weeks ago. I had pains first in my stomach then all around the groin. The following day I couldn't move for pain and thought that was as bad as it would get. 3 days later for over an hour I got excruciating pain the like of which I have never had before. Life yourself I thought the worst scenarions. My wife called the doctor who went the symptoms and to my disbelief prescribed laxatives. The bad pain went but I still couldn't move and 2 days later for the first time in over 2 years he came out to check me over and confirmed his first diagnosis- a blockage down below. I had no idea that problems down there could be so painful.

It may be related to your diet or even like I suspect in my own case a bug I had but pain down that area can easily be brought on my slow bowel movement and blockages. As already sugggested get your doc to check you out to put your mind at rest and hopefully get something to get the movement back in order which will take away the pain.

All the best

Nechtan

Alexy
16-03-09, 20:00
Yeah, the thing is the pains ahve been developing over a long period of time, now iv been getting them everyday:'(

agent orange
16-03-09, 20:12
Just might be I.B.S, it's very common, especially if you are stressed or anxious. I would doubt that it is cancer. Check I.B.S out, and check it out with the doctor too.None of us here can give you 100% reassurance, I am not a doctor, but I have suffered from I.B.S, so know what bowel problems are like. Try to relax. You can buy Colpermin, this is a mint extract and will calm the bowel down.

shiraz
17-03-09, 09:14
I agree With the above I also have IBS but you must go and see a doc even if it just to put your mind at rest