PDA

View Full Version : Hi I need your support again :(

ElliotUK
15-03-09, 01:48
When I lie In bed I cant sleep, for the simple fact I believe im ''self monitoring'' my self too much as in feeling every heart beat and freaking out and panic soon as I feel something like I am about to explain below...

I feel like a beat ,beat, then THUD (A LITTLE THUD NOT LIKE A BIG BIG PALP) now and then while I try to sleep .. it feels sort of like a nervous twitch in my heart/chest or something? Also very mild pain in the left chest area sometimes for about a second or two.

Anyone please clear this up for me and have experienced it?

Nechtan
15-03-09, 02:16
Hi,

I don't know that the heart beats steady and true all of the time and little irregularaties are common. As you know yourself lying analysing is fuelling your anxiety and you will hear what you expect to hear. I know that all too well as I have done it myself countless times. But please try when you go to bed to think on something good. A nice scenario, something you would like to do, play out a fantasy or think back to something from the past. I posted in another thread the other day that I read in a Claire Weekes book that the best thing to do it just lie back and listen for sound around about. Just anything to stop you lingering on your heartbeat.

The best thing I ever done was get an ECG. I saw my GP and 2 days later at the same surgery had it done- it took minutes. I was told my heart was healthy and fine straight away despite me thinking it was weak. That knowledge alone stopped me obsessing. I would recommend it.

All the best

Nechtan

xBettyBoopx
15-03-09, 04:16
Elliot

Sounds like ectopic beats to me. They are not harmful, a lot of people get them especially when they lay down because it is to do with indigestion, that's why a lot of people keep a box of rennies or something like it by their bed.

Please try them see if it works, or better still suck a couple 10 minutes before you go to bed, see if that helps.

Els

ElliotUK
15-03-09, 09:06
So it's nothing to worry about?