PDA

View Full Version : Weight increase

Trixie
15-03-09, 10:05
I know it is so easy to blame the medication (Cipralex) for any weight increase but does anyone really think that this medication has caused them to put the pounds on?

cheekycharlie
15-03-09, 12:28
I have put 2 stone on since suffering from anxiety & I am not on any meds. I think its the lack of doing less than I used to which is why its happened to me.

bab
15-03-09, 13:27
a million percent trixie - !!!!!

Trixie
16-03-09, 11:44
a million percent trixie - !!!!!

:weep::weep::doh:

bab
16-03-09, 12:07
hi trixie

did you find they are putting weight on, i thought you lost loads with the xenical. please inspire me as im going to back on them

Trixie
17-03-09, 18:15
hi trixie

did you find they are putting weight on, i thought you lost loads with the xenical. please inspire me as im going to back on them

I did loose about three stone and would have continued to do so except for the fact that I was put on Cipralex.

I had to go to the doctors today for my daughter and I told her about the weight increase and the Cipralex etc. She looked in the Mims and agreed with me that it cause an increase in appetites. She arranged an appointment for me to discuss things.

The thing is I don't know when I will have to have a operation on my brain tumour and I didn't want to be overweight for that.

bab
17-03-09, 22:41
i am on cipralex and i am on xenical although i havent taken t for about 3 weeks - are you still on both and do you find that even with xencial its not shifting

Trixie
18-03-09, 05:48
i am on cipralex and i am on xenical although i havent taken t for about 3 weeks - are you still on both and do you find that even with xencial its not shifting

I stopped taking the Xenical for a while because I am having the urge for foodstuffs I don't normally eat. The Xenical does work but I was getting bowel problems.:mad: