PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone :)

homebythefence
15-03-09, 13:57
So clearly I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself!
I'm from the UK and I'm 17 and have been having panic attacks since around July 2004.
I've had around 5 panic attacks in this 5 year period (Roughly) and I count myself incredibly lucky for this after having read about people who experience them on a daily basis.
I also apparently suffer from quite severe depression. I can see that my mindset isn't exactly positive, but after being given an NHS standard depression exam, I scored something like 27 out of 30 and have been referred to a psychiatrist. NHS being what it is, I should get around to seeing one in around 53 years' time. -_-"
I have previously been to several counsellors, had a stint of CBT and am currently on beta blockers (Propranolol) twice x40mg a day.
I'm a sucker for beating myself up and plain being victim to my own thoughts. I had my most recent panic attack at 1am New Year's Eve (Dec 31st 08) after an 18 month stint without them. I'm slowly recouping but have lost all self confidence and was hoping to find some support here from fellow sufferers :)

That's all I can think of to say for now. Once again, hello! :)

tanya 1
15-03-09, 14:17
hi and welcome to nmp
tanya 1 x x

Haylesbells
15-03-09, 15:51
Hi Homebythefence
There's loads of nice people on here and lots of material to read over whilst waiting that 53 years out!
BW
Hayley

nicole23
15-03-09, 15:57
Heyyy I'm a newbie too :D pretty similar, I'm 16 and also on 80mg of propranolol a day. Is it helping you?

Nicole x

kittykat
15-03-09, 19:48
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support on here that helps a lot, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

i hate panicking
15-03-09, 19:57
:welcome:homebythefence

homebythefence
15-03-09, 19:58
Heyyy I'm a newbie too :D pretty similar, I'm 16 and also on 80mg of propranolol a day. Is it helping you?

Nicole x

Somewhat. Initially it helped but now my mental signs of anxiety still show through without any bodily reaction, which is sometimes worse.
How're you going with them?

sunshine-lady
15-03-09, 20:50
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
15-03-09, 22:14
Hi Homebythefence, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: