PDA

View Full Version : Intense Derealisation

homebythefence
15-03-09, 18:30
Hey everyone. I had a strange thing last night, I woke up to go to the bathroom and when I got there, I felt really lop sided, as thought I was about to faint to my left. I left the bathroom to go back to my room and all of a sudden felt very unreal, far more intense than anything I usually get.

Now, my panic attacks are usually closely linked with my sleeping pattern and I was very ill Thursday night, causing me to sleep very little and then on and off on Friday, so I am aware this may be a factor.

But can anyone suggest what this may have been or why? I feel it was actually worse than a panic attack, I had to try desperetly to convinve myself I was real and I still feel slightly out now, making me quite scared to get this at college next week.

I did manage to eventually realise I had to calm myself down and started to breathe very slowly and was able to fall back asleep.

Nechtan
15-03-09, 19:39
Its probably a mix of things. Exhaustion, tension, anxiety, etc. As long as it has passed there is no reason to think it might return. Anxiety does so many strange things to us. The worry is always that these things will return but some episodes are one off.

I've actually had a similar situation during the day. Feeling like I was being pulled to one side and feeling like I was on the outside looking in. Really not nice. I'm sure there are a few people who can relate to it. Ususally though it does pass.

Nechtan