PDA

View Full Version : Really nervous about tomorrow!!

strawberry1756
15-03-09, 20:10
Its my first experience of going back to work tomorrow after being off for 2 months with really bad anxiety and panic. I have been feeling better but Ive started to panic this evening because I was feeling my worst when I was there last. Im afraid its all going to come back because I relate it to one of the places at the time I was feeling so bad. I am only going in for a couple of hours though but Im terrified :scared15: I am determined though because I want to get back to a normal life. Hopefully it will be ok and all be over before I know it :D

GFHarris
15-03-09, 20:18
Wow... good luck. I know it's always hard going back to a place you associate with hard times... but try and think positively in a 'that was then and this is now' way. It can be different this time! What kind of job do you do?

strawberry1756
15-03-09, 20:26
Im an administrator for a training college I do really enjoy my job and most of the people are great but it is still very daunting. I was going to have more time off but I think this is the greatest I am going to feel at the moment since being on meds for the last month. I think I will have to work on the rest myself. So fingers crossed!

strawberry1756
15-03-09, 20:27
Oh yea thanks for wishing me luck x:)

GFHarris
15-03-09, 20:50
You're welcome! Look forward to hearing how it went!

Kells81
15-03-09, 21:05
Hey Strawberry

I had three months off work a couple of years ago and I was very nervous about going back but I got through it! It took me a couple of months to go back full time and I did have some hard days but I did it.

You need to stay positive and keep telling yourself that it is a new start and you are going to feel great! If you keep telling yourself it will be like last time then it will.

Just dont give up and you will be ok xxx

strawberry1756
15-03-09, 23:10
Thanks for your message Kelly, hopefully it will be ok I will let you know how it goes xx

Kells81
15-03-09, 23:16
Keep telling yourself it will be fine and that you feel great etc, it honestly makes a huge difference. Every negative thought that comes into your head say the positive side to yourself instead.

You should be excited that you are feeling well enough to go back to work-you are doing brilliant by making that decision.

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to hearing how well it goes xxx

honeybee3939
15-03-09, 23:48
Strawberry

Good luck from me too hun, the anticipation of the first day is always the worst but from then on it will get better.

Lets us know how things go wont you?

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Kells81
16-03-09, 17:47
Hey Strawberry

How did it go today? I was thinking about you xxx

strawberry1756
16-03-09, 17:58
Hey Guys :yesyes:

It went really well today!! I didnt feel much panic and was able to chat to everyone really well too. They are being really supportive and letting me take my time with everything until I feel comfortable with getting back to my normal speed which is great. I am looking forward to getting back to a bit of normality.

Thanks for your messages, they helped me with any doubts I had last night xxxx:)

Kells81
16-03-09, 18:00
Yeah that is really great news!!!!!:yahoo:

I am so pleased it went well for you xxx

GFHarris
16-03-09, 18:53
I'm glad it went so well! :)

Kells81
29-03-09, 22:02
Hi Strawberry

How are things at work now?

strawberry1756
31-03-09, 18:52
Hi Kelly

Well things kind of went downhill since and I had to go back to the doc who signed me off again and increased my meds so I had been feeling really awfull again until they levelled out. The good news is that for the past 4 days I have been feeling great I even started going to the Gym everyday, If this carries on then I will be back to work again pretty soon I dont want to go back yet though incase I set myself back again. I am starting my CBT tomorrow so hopefully that will make me feel more better. Im not sure what type of Anxiety I have as there are different things like GAD and Panic disorder etc. I thought I had GAD because of the constant thoughts going round and round but Im only worried about one thing which is the feeling itself and I read that GAD is when you are worried about a couple of things that involve life situations. Its frustrating me because I want to find out whats wrong me Do ever feel like this?

xx:scared15:

Kells81
31-03-09, 22:10
Hey you,

Things haven't gone downhill for you because you said you are feeling great! It doesn't matter that you had to take some more time off work, it just means you needed a bit more time to work on feeling postive and happy before trying to go back to your job again.
I dont know what type of anxiety I have either-it all started when I had emetaphobia but then it got to the point when I was anxious about everything. I had to take 3 months off work and it got so bad I could hardly leave the house. I am much better now and I work full time again but I still feel sick and anxious almost all of the time. I dont think that I need to put a name to it, I just know that I am trying my hardest to get my life back again and that is all that matters.
It is really great that you are going to the gym everyday, the last thing you want to do it sit and home all day worrying about how you feel, that is what I did when I had time off work and it made me the worse I have ever been.
I have been feeling much better the last couple of weeks though and I think it is because I am trying to feel positive about everything. Everytime I feel sick and anxious I tell myself that I feel great and it really does work! I am also trying really hard to stop avoiding things that make me feel anxious, as this makes things much worse for me.
You will be able to go back to work because that is what you really want, just dont give up trying. I still have bad days but we can't dwell on this and need to focus on the good days and moving forward instead.

Keep smiling and let me know how everything goes xxx

strawberry1756
01-04-09, 10:15
I am glad you are feeling better too, thats really great that you got back to work. That really makes me feel better knowing that you can do it even if you sink quite low. It gives me hope that i will be able to do the same soon, I will let you know how things go. Thanks for your message xx :hugs: