PDA

View Full Version : Heart bother?

Miko2097
16-03-09, 03:29
I'm 25 and started suffering from problems maybe 5 years or so ago.

I eat healthy food, with a bit of rubbish on the side here and there, have a good figure, healthy for my size and not at all too thin or fat, almost perfectly athletic in build and shape, drink plenty of water, and worked out quite frequently. The only thing I didn't do was get good sleep for recovery. Gaming eats me up sometimes, you see. Anyway, the point is, I wouldn't have expected to develop any heart related issues, but it suddenly went all wrong on me. Was in the Lounge, watching TV, when suddenly my heart started flickering in rhythm. My head went all funny, then what felt like the blood vessels through the abdomen started twitching in exact rhythm with each heart beat. It was all too irregular, and came complete with some pains in my left tricept, etc. Felt worried, but didn't dwell on it. It passed after a bit of time, but since then I have had frequent problems.

Seen the docs and got tests that showed me I was physically fine and was told that it would've been anxiety or simply a bad spell. But it has become physical, because sometimes when first lying into bed it can knock my heart rhythm chaotic, complete with a horrible feeling in my abdomen. Sometimes leaning to tie a lace does this too, so it seems postural. I also feel affected just below the left pec, get sharp pains around there and spasms to irregular heart beats. It's all too physical to me to be told it's in my mind.

Anyway, I eat healthy still, but don't care to be too strict, workout very litte (proper sweat session), minus working and walking, push-ups etc for conditioning, and as a result have almost seen the end of the postural heart rhythm problem. So I suspect overexhertion from the workouts maybe weakened a valve or something. Really, take it easier on the exercise, and cut out the milk drinking. I drank it loads and suspect the calcium could be a contributing factor too. You need magnesium to keep that stuff under control and that's something milk doesn't give you enough of alongside it's huge (rogue) calcium supply.

Well, just thought I'd type away. Let me know your thoughts.

I DO STILL GET PROBLEMS, though. So I haven't cured it by cutting out the workouts.

Basically, I get pains, chest and arms, irregular beats (confirmed by checking the pulse in neck) and suffer the breathing troubles - shortness of breath and weakness.

Write away people. :)

cassi23
22-03-09, 16:25
Wow, I hope you re feeling better. I am amazed at what you said about Milk, I drink loads of the stuff, milkshake too, and have had horrible heart symptoms.

You ve given me alot to think about, thankyou xxx