PDA

View Full Version : P.A. now - what should I do?

Tiktak
16-03-09, 07:29
I think I'm going to cry, I hate this so much, i haven't had a major pa for months but when my alarm went of this morn wham here we go again, its cos I have to take my dog to the vets today and i had a bad exp before i am panicing, got noone to call on, no friends no family near, i'm on my own.
got to get kids to school, can't get away, I hate myself for being this way OH doesn't understand at all and is losing sympathy, told me I get on his nerves, what can i do now to stop this a bit i feel so sick can't eat can't type properly this is so bad sorry

Veronica H
16-03-09, 07:45
:bighug1: Hi tictak. Stop trying to fight it. let it wash over you and keep moving forward. I know it is unpleasant but it can't hurt you. Fighting the feelings and fearing them keeps the attack going. The anxiety is usually worse first thing as our bodies have to kick start themselves. I am sorry that you are having to deal with all of these domestic problems without support at home, but we are all here for you and we do understand. Try to do one thing at a time today and then tick it off. Try not to think of everything at once. I know this isn't easy but this will get better. Let us know how you get on.

Veronica

Tiktak
16-03-09, 08:20
thanks veronica, just need someone to talk to i guess
I've been having therapy and thought i was getting somewhere but maybe not......:unsure:

still feel sick, maybe if if i worry enough the worst won't happen????

Kat

sue681
16-03-09, 08:27
Hi
know how u feel,i'm feelin sick/shaky and can feel attack comming on,got my 1st therepy session this morn i think thats why.i hav'nt had attack for ages too.
Also got no family around me etc,just the kids !

i'm breathin into paper bag at the moment and tryin to ride it out. hope yr ok..i hate this

homebythefence
16-03-09, 10:43
Hey, just wanted to say I hope you guys are ok now :/ Keep breathing!

Tiktak
16-03-09, 13:15
Hi guys,
Been to the vets, have calmed down a lot now, the worst didn't happen (I still have my dog and he's alive)
I just wanted to say thanks to those who replied and PM'd and I'm so sorry that you guys are suffering the same way, I wish there was something I could do

Kat
xxx

tryingtocope
16-03-09, 21:01
Glad to hear the dogs ok :) and you're feeling calmer.

I can remember having to rush my dog to the vets after he licked some bleach bubbles :S major PA in the car all the way there, then the vet had to make him sick, which compleaty sent me over the edge! Had just calmed down and made my excuses, when the vet started explaining how he would probably be sick and i had to watch wether it came from his throat or stomach, and started explaining and doing demonstrations! I thought i was going to colapse! (serious emetophobe!)