PDA

View Full Version : Cant be on my own too much anxiety

Peanuts31
16-03-09, 11:15
Hi everyone

I am new but really glad I found the website.

I am very low at the moment and hate being on my own. I cant stand being in my own house and have been staying with my in-laws so I dont have to be on my own with my own thoughts. I am trying to keep busy.

Is this normal for anxiety to want to be around people?

Thanks and Hi to everyone

Ali xx

Juppster
16-03-09, 11:23
Hi Peanuts 31 and welcome :welcome: i know when i feel very anxious and down i much prefer to be around family and friends for distraction...i think what you're describing is perfectly normal when you feel the way you do :D i hope you find some comfort from this site x

Nicola_lou
16-03-09, 21:06
I'm like that 2. If u with someone talking then u don have time 2 think.
You'll be fine.
Take care

sunshine-lady
16-03-09, 21:44
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
17-03-09, 09:07
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support on here, the chatroom is also very good, as for not wanting to be on your own i think that's a normal feeling when you suffer from anxiety, i know when im really bad im like this and have even kept my son off school once....bad i know , take care xx

PUGLETMUM
17-03-09, 09:18
:) hi ali, welcome to nmp - the fear of being alone is one of the symptoms of anxiety - it is another way of trying to cope - but in my case eventually it backfired and caused more trouble for me which was very very upsetting. as there were times when even if i was in a mess my in-laws would drop me to do things they had to do - now you can see it from their point of view, but it felt like they had some sort of power and control over me, it was a horrible horrible time - the best feeling in the world is not relying on other ppl to help you to deal with how you feel - you have more supportive ppl on nmp than you could hope for and they want evey member to recover their confidence and spirit, so id advise to try and stop relying on them, it will be hard at first, but the anxiety always goes down even if it takes all day - it is normal as a sufferer, but it surely isnt to be encouraged - we really want to feel happy and confident again and this behaviour will never give you that - a great book to read is 'feel the fear and do it anyway' by susan jeffers - although its not an anxiety book (which i think you would need to get, if you havent already) it is very inspirational and it reminds us that we have got great inner resources, tc, emma:winks:

Peanuts31
17-03-09, 17:10
Hi All

Wow thank you so much for all your support.

Emma what can I say? That was brilliant advice and I really appriciate it. My in-laws keep droping things for me and yesterday it backfired a bit as they started to make me feel bad and guilty and that was just not an emotion I needed on top of everything else. I totally agree with everything you said.

Thank you again all of you so glad I have found the site.

xx

PUGLETMUM
17-03-09, 18:49
:) yeah thats what happened to me - they will prob end up resenting you like mine did - they want to help but they get in too deep and they dont understand the reasons why, so can get very frustrating for you and them? lots of ppl are here all the time so you will usually have some company. if you can stop this behaviour now you will be doing yourself and them a big favour, for my family it was really too late and i have a difficult relationship with them now where i cant ask for anything really:lac: take care, emma