PDA

View Full Version : Hubby going away !!! - he's back!!!!

LisaS
31-07-05, 20:46
hi all,

My husband is going away to South Africa for a family get birthday on Thursday for 9 days!! Its going to be my first time in this house on my own and i'm a bit nervous about how i'll cope. He's been so great over these past few months and i'll really miss him.
I've had a great weekend out and about doing loads of things and visiting friends and having a real good laugh, but now its already monday tomorrow and i'm feeling a bit low worrying about him going. My mum and sister are also going to be abroad on hols during this time. I know I have some friends around but doesn't stop me worrying a bit..
any tips or advice or confidence boosting messages gratefully received!
thank you,
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Karen
31-07-05, 23:02
Hi Lisa

It's a shame your mother and sister are also going to be away at the same time as your husband. Perhaps you could arrange some nights out with your friends, or have friends over several times during this period.

You could also plan in some other activities to keep you busy and distracted for the times you are alone.

We will be here for you too and you can text me if you need to.

You have been doing really well and you can get through this time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Sarah-Jane
01-08-05, 09:25
i know how worried you must feel, but im sure you will be fine as karen said would be a good idea to plan lots of things to do to keep you busy and your mind off missing hubby so much. and if worst comes to the worst we will all be here for you to give you loads of support and encouragement, and your hubby is only a phone call away. Keeping a diary of how you feel and your thoughts is a good way to vent your worries and stresses. Take care Lisa i know you can do this and youll feel stronger for getting through it xxxxx

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

seh1980
01-08-05, 10:38
Hi Lisa,

I had the same thing when Ed went to Malaysia last year. I was alone for 10 days and was dreading it. You'll cope a lot better than you think you will though!! Keep yourself as busy as possible and time will go quickly. Come into chat in the evenings for some company..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Gareth
01-08-05, 10:58
Hi LisaS

My wife recently went away to the USA for a week, and the reality of the situation is that you will worry about it and you won't be able to stop that, but the reality of it is that the time passes very quickly, and you'll feel better than you imagine you will.

Keep yourself occupied, arrange to do things in the evenings. I also found it helped to have a regular time I agreed with my wife to speak to her at least once a day, and that gives you something to look forward to.

But at the end of the day it will be better than you imagine and you'll probably be absolutely fine.

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

kate
01-08-05, 11:05
Hi Lisa,

Not much more that I can add to everyone elses comments.

Just like to say I will be thinking of you and know that you can get through this.

PM me if you need to talk,

Love Kate xx

LisaS
02-08-05, 17:17
thanks for replying! its so nice to know you'll all be here if i need you.
sorry i haven't been replying much, i have my mum staying which is always a bit fraught! i'm taking her to the gatwick tmrow morning.
Am feeling ok at the moment about my man going, but dont want him to go! I can feel myself getting nervous but trying to keep calming myself saying it will be ok and it will go quickly.. just trying to keep it rational. Its hard! but i'm keeping trying.. and trying to stop those what if thoughts..
thank you for supporting me.
Lisa
xxx
p.s Karen, i may take you up on your offer!

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Cinders4
02-08-05, 17:29
Hey, I was going to say, dont forget we are all here. You'll be fine x

sal
02-08-05, 18:28
Hi Lisa

I am sure you will be fine and we are all here to help you through it. I will text you as got your number thanks hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

seh1980
02-08-05, 18:38
You will be fine Lisa when the time comes!! You'll see..:D

Meg
02-08-05, 19:48
Lisa ,

Get as much planned in and people lined up to help and support as possible.

You can always not use them but if you know they're there it helps so much !

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
02-08-05, 23:44
Hi Lisa

Great to hear from you tonight and now you have my number lean on me hun.

I will help you all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pips
03-08-05, 10:48
Hi Lisa,

It's tough when loved ones go away hey hun. You will cope though keep yourself busy and the time will fly. Remember I'm here for you if you wanna chat mate anytime.

Remember abscence makes the heart grow fonder!!!!!

Take care mate,

Love PIP'S X X

LisaS
03-08-05, 12:13
hi everyone..
woke up at 3.30am this morning in a right panic.. slept on and off til 7am then went to take mum to airport.. off she went.. now at work and when i think about taking hubby tmrow i get all panicky and butterflies..
i keep trying to think, my god i have driven to gatwick and i'm now at work. i couldn't have done even that a few months ago.. so keep saying dont forget the little things i have managed so far..
i can't help being nervous though.
thanks for you kind text sal.. really nice to know you are there if i need you!!
hopefully i wont - in a good way! - although god knows how i'm going to get thru tonight and tmrow
Lisa
xxx

seh1980
03-08-05, 12:17
It's normal to be nervous Lisa so don't beat yourself up about it. Tell yourself that you have had your little panic and got it out of the way and that you'll be fine now..You will get stronger once your husband leaves and I'm sure you'll be surprised at how confident you become :D

sal
03-08-05, 12:43
Hi Lisa

Just look at how well you coped this morning, something you wouldnt have contemplated doing months ago. I will text you tonight to see how you are getting on. What time do you have to take him to the airport tomorrow?

Love Sal xx

Meg
03-08-05, 13:48
You're doing great and have lots of support around you from us all and other colleagues and friends..

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Karen
03-08-05, 14:23
Hi Lisa

You are doing well.

Feel free to text me if you want to - even if it is in the middle of the night as I'm usually awake.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

LisaS
03-08-05, 19:01
hi all,

Sal - i'm leaving work tomorrow at 4.30pm to take him to the airport.
we are both here at home now just relaxing, its so nice just the two of us again after having my mum staying, she always makes me very tense.. So right now i'm feeling ok about it again.. I just need to get a really good sleep and i think I may be ok! my feelings keep changing dont they! I feel a bit stronger somehow - i'm not sure why..
do you think once he's actually gone, i'll feel better? maybe its just the waiting thats the hardest part?

Lisa
xxx

seh1980
03-08-05, 20:11
Waiting is ALWAYS the hardest part Lisa..you will feel better than you think you will when he's away..:D

sal
03-08-05, 23:59
Hi Lisa

Pleased you are having a relaxing night together. I am not sure how you will feel once he has gone but i do know that the apprehension and t he build up can be worse than the actual incident. I have lost my phone today hence why i havent texted you but have ordered a new one as the contract was nearly over. I will pm you tomorrow Sams mobile number until i get my new one so you can still get in touch.

Hope tomorrow goes the best it can and i am here if you want to talk.

Take care hun.

Love Sal xx

LisaS
04-08-05, 20:56
hiya..
i've been checking the BAA website and he is now airborne.. sniff sniff.. feel a bit funny.. so far i'm ok, but feel a bit stomach churny and sick actually! but i'm hanging on in there. thank you for all your continued support..
Lisa
xxx

sal
04-08-05, 21:52
Lisa i feel for you. You are doing okay and i have my phone back so will text you as Sam has taken her to her dads. Can imagine a bit how you feel as Sam isnt here which is unusual and Simon is on night shift.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
04-08-05, 22:34
Lisa - the worst part really is over. Now it's just about keeping busy till he's back..throw yourself into things..:D

LisaS
06-08-05, 10:59
hi guys,

its saturday morning and although I slept well last night, I feel really low and negative this morning.. I think i feel down because I thought i'd be much better than this and perhaps even enjoying it.. but the negative thoughts are bringing me down as I thought I'd finished with them a while ago.

and apart from that I keep getting a pain in the very top of my head and my bottom lip keeps twitching! grrrrr

Lisa
xxx

Piglet
06-08-05, 11:35
Hi lovie

Lis - you are doing really well (are you crossing off the days now - how many more)?

Try and keep as occupied as possible and set a little goal for each day - when all my kids were away at once I set a goal a day (mainly involved chocolate and shopping online at Next lol).

What the experience taught me though was even though I may not like it I can do 'alone time'.

I hope I can get on chat tonight and see if your in.

Love Pig

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
06-08-05, 12:51
Lisa,

You're doing great . How you are feeling is to be expected.Do not be so hard on yourself.

Now get yourself things arranged for the next few days expecially the weekends .

Are you joining us tomorrow ?

Meg

LisaS
06-08-05, 15:14
thanks Piglet and meg,

i've busied myself this morning and am going to a girls dinner party tonight to get me out the house.
and the sun has just popped out which always makes me feel better..

Meg, I do hope to join you tomorrow yes. Bit anxious about getting the train on my own up there but i'll do it and i'm sure i'll be fine..

see you tmrow,
lisa
xxx

seh1980
06-08-05, 16:31
Have a great time at the dinner party Lisa!! :D

Karen
06-08-05, 23:16
Hi Lisa

Hope you enjoyed the dinner party.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about getting the train on my own too.

Karen

LisaS
13-08-05, 10:51
yay!!! :D

he's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
had to get up at 5am to get him from gatwick and he was 2hrs delayed! but it was so lovely to see him and now we are back home!!
I can't believe he's here - its so lovely to have him here again and at least I wont be talking to myself and the cats anymore!

I just want to thank all of you that gave me such wonderful support and who gave me the encouragement that I could do it.

the first few days were very tough and i had the negative thoughts back, but i know I get these when im anxious and its normal for me to have been anxious. I kept very busy the whole 10 days and it got easier and easier as the days went on..
and to put a double boost on my day, I went for after work drinks last night and stayed in a busy pub with people i'd just met and was one of the last to leave and had a great time!
so happy and so tired!
thanks again my friends,

Lisa [8D]:);)[Yeah!]:D
xxx

seh1980
13-08-05, 10:53
Glad he's home safely Lisa :) Well done you for coping alone so well :D

Piglet
13-08-05, 11:03
Hi hun

Fantastic - you did it!!

Glad you had a good night too last night.

Big well done to you[Yeah!]

Love Pigx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
13-08-05, 11:25
Hi Lisa

You coped so well during this time without him. I'm glad he's back now and you have someone other than the cats to talk to!

Well done for last night too. That was excellent.

Karen

pips
13-08-05, 11:43
Ah I'm so pleased he's back home Lisa. You did great girl you coped really well. I am proud!

Well done for going out as well mate that's brill.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
13-08-05, 11:49
Lisa

Wow what a wonderful dollop of progress..
Many congratulations

Love

Meg

nomorepanic
13-08-05, 13:55
Lisa

So glad he is back and you coped so well on your own. Well done!

I hope he bought you loads of pressies.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

kate
13-08-05, 15:25
Hi Lisa,

You did brilliantly! Glad he is back now!

Love Kate xx

LisaS
13-08-05, 18:52
thanks guys!!

nicola - i did get lots of pressies from his family!! it was like christmas! I'm not sure why they all bought me presents but I wont complain!!
Meg - thanks for your dollop!
Karen, Kate, Pips, Piglet and Sarah - thanks for your congrats! I hope you all now how much I appreciate your ongoing support.. i couldn't have come this far without this support.. i'm very touched.
love lisa
xxx

pinkscrumpy
14-08-05, 21:52
Hi Lisa

Well done. You did great. What a great achievement.

[^][^][8D][8D]

MANDIE XX

clickaway
15-08-05, 18:17
Hi Lisa,

Just catching up here - so glad your man is back with you again and that you survived those days. You did really well by the going to the get-together the night before too.

I'm sure you are a stronger person for this.

Onwards and Upwards!

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker