PDA

View Full Version : Pain in Arm

tt
31-07-05, 22:54
Today, an hour after wakening this morning my left arm began to ache.
It is in the part between the elbow and shoulder. I went to work of course with it on my mind and well it was a long day worrying that I was having a heart attack. The pain does leave but it shoots and leaves.
When ever you read about heart attacks it is the left arm and pain!
I am now starting a new store tomorrow as I am being transferred and can't afford to have this on my mind.
Anyone else have such a feeling??

TT:)[Sigh...]

TT:)

NANAX10
01-08-05, 02:10
You probably just slept on your arm. I've had that over the years and thought it was my heart too..................let me know.

KATHY LYNCH

fran1888
01-08-05, 07:15
Yep i get it alot. Even get chest pain with it..Been down to doctors up to hospital. I get it when im feeling a bit panicky . when its there do you get a strange feeling in you fingers? And incase you didnt no your stomach runs of the same nerve as your heart.. I only found that out when i went to hosptail with the left arm pain..Thats why some people get chest pain with it and they think its there heart..And its not its there stomach.But if you are worried go and see your gp.You have prob just been sleeping the wrong way.Remmber the way you have your neck in bed can give you arm pain.

Frances Gill
Love & Respect to you all...

lainey
01-08-05, 10:11
Hi there

I used to get this a lot, it's all to do with the way we tense our neck and arm muscles with anxiety and is quite a common symptom with us sufferers.

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
01-08-05, 10:39
It's very normal - don't worry!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tt
02-08-05, 02:00
Arm pain left and no I didn't have a heart attack! :)
I do think it may have been doing power yoga and this new thing at the gym called NIA and you run aroung flinging your arms to make you free as a bird...

But.....once I got past the all day panic, I thought of that.

Thanks everyone,