PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Setback?

Purple Fish
16-03-09, 17:14
Hi everyone,

I haven`t posted on here for quite sometime in fact the last time I posted it was in the success stories. I feel like I`m having a setback and I haven`t had one for ages. I feel quite down today about myself personally and just in general. I do take Prozac although my dose has been lowered very slightly for the last 3 months and this has been fine, however I forgot to take my last lot of Norethisterone (mini-pill) which regulates my hormone levels for PMS so I`m wondering if this is why I feel so rubbish as I have just finished my period.
I am going through moving house at the moment so I realise this can be stressful that`s why my doctor wants me to keep on the Prozac for the time being.
I`ve bitten all my nails off! I`ve picked my toenails (I know it`s gross!) and I`ve started putting on weight! I feel like a mess and a failure at the moment - any suggestions?
I know this won`t last as things never do but I seem to have lost all motivation at the moment! Ho hum, thanks for reading.

Tanya

xx

sMINT
17-03-09, 16:46
Hi purple fish,

As you have said moving house can be very stressful, Its up there with the most stressful things during a lifetime lol.
You should try and look upon this so called 'set back' as being associated with the moving of the house.

Reassure yourself that you have been feeling fine before this and will be fine after you have settled in at your new place :)

All the best.

Purple Fish
17-03-09, 20:10
Thank you for the reply I am actually feeling much better and thinking more clearly. I think it helped being able to have a rant!

Tanya xx

krog
19-03-09, 19:47
Thank you for the reply I am actually feeling much better and thinking more clearly. I think it helped being able to have a rant!

Tanya xx

Thats one of the best things about this forum for me too !
Get your thoughts and emotions out and share your concerns with like minded people !
Better than any therapy :yesyes:

Yvonne
20-03-09, 08:39
Hi

I see you're feeling better which is good. Moving is number 2 on the stress list, I know this because my therapist told me. You decreased the Prozac three months ago - the effects of decrease in meds don't always hit you immediately and you can feel a return of anx symptoms months down the line. You have a lot of stress - missed your contraceptive pill, lowered Prozac. If you're prone to anxiety it would definitely be playing you up at the moment it's absolutely natural when you weigh everything up.

Hope you still feeling okay.