PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough

kath135
16-03-09, 20:49
Just before christmas my anxiety came back 10 fold! I said no to the meds this time and went for CBT instead. Three months on my anxiety is worse my symptoms have increased and i'm suffering daily instead of weekly or monthly.At this moment in time I feel as though I have wasted the last 12 weeks trying to beat this thing.
As I am writing this I am feeling dizzy and light headed, another new symptom i've now got. I really feel that I have gone down hill big time as a result of trying to be strong. :weep:

Nechtan
16-03-09, 21:01
Hi,

I might be wrong but from the sound of things the CBT is not helping. Its not something I have experience of but know it is not for everyone. That though is the frustrating thing when you are trying to do your best to get well and find your situation going the other way.

I personally believe that every person with an anxiety problem requires a different approach. Its obvious this one isn't working for you so it might be worth contacting your GP to discuss alternatives.

All the best

Nechtan

purplehaze
16-03-09, 21:21
Hi

There are times when axiety goes up and down and maybe you are also going through other stressfull issues that have brought this on.
Being dizzy and lightheaded are symptoms of stress anxiety etc and are normal.
Keep doing what you are doing and maybe post a bit more about how this is effecting you

tommy1982
17-03-09, 00:36
I've done CBT i have also read it takes 6 months to work

finny12000
17-03-09, 00:59
sorry to hear about this kath
i guess you were strong about where you wanted your treatment to go
and maybe a anxiety class would have been good combined with cbt
it certainly helped me but then again im still on trazadone and have no intention of coming off them as they work for me and no side effects
keep us informed and mind theres loads useful posts here how to
help with anxiety and manage.
anxiety breeds anxiety and can overwhelm us but those anxiety classes helped me retrain thoughts and look at things differently and be worth a try