PDA

View Full Version : Getting worse. Help?

fleeceblankie
17-03-09, 00:17
Hi all,

I'm really scared, and I can't find it in myself to believe this is just my anxiety.

This is what I've been going through over the past five days:
- I'd had a constant tingling in my left foot, which is now also in the right foot.
- I feel like someone strapped an ice pack to the outside of my left ankle. It's been there consistently, and nothing I do helps it.
- I feel like my skin is crawling. All over, all the time. My face and the insides of my ears are even tingling.
- I tried to take a nap earlier, my breathing went really shallow, and it took over an hour for my body to stop spasming and for me to stop feeling like my skin was coming off my body. I slept okay, but the second I woke up, it was all back.

I decided that I can't be concerned about money, so I tried to call my doctor today, and they were very obviously not in the office. I'm extremely frightened, and very close to going to the emergency room. I don't know what to do. I just know I can't live like this, and every day I get worse.

Any advice to get me through this?

finny12000
17-03-09, 00:50
i would go to and see doc first thing in morning fleece as
its sounds nerve endings to me although im no expert maybe shingles
something like that ...anxiety is probably making it worse but best course is to get to doc and let him have a look
all the best finn

Trixie
17-03-09, 06:02
Hi all,

I'm really scared, and I can't find it in myself to believe this is just my anxiety.

This is what I've been going through over the past five days:
- I'd had a constant tingling in my left foot, which is now also in the right foot.
- I feel like someone strapped an ice pack to the outside of my left ankle. It's been there consistently, and nothing I do helps it.
- I feel like my skin is crawling. All over, all the time. My face and the insides of my ears are even tingling.
- I tried to take a nap earlier, my breathing went really shallow, and it took over an hour for my body to stop spasming and for me to stop feeling like my skin was coming off my body. I slept okay, but the second I woke up, it was all back.

I decided that I can't be concerned about money, so I tried to call my doctor today, and they were very obviously not in the office. I'm extremely frightened, and very close to going to the emergency room. I don't know what to do. I just know I can't live like this, and every day I get worse.

Any advice to get me through this?

Are you on any medication?

fleeceblankie
17-03-09, 11:49
No, I'm not on any medication. I've been off for about 16 months after dealing with anxiety for a total of 8 years now. I'm medication-sensitive and haven't found something else that'll work yet. That's why I'm so torn on whether this is something really serious or just my nervous system being messed up from having my anxiety untreated so long when I obviously need to be on something.

I'm going to try and make it through work today and see how I feel. I haven't ruled out getting checked into the hospital to get the tests I need before I lose my mind.