PDA

View Full Version : bladder inf or ibs?

heididawn
17-03-09, 12:10
Hello,
Ive had pain in my lower ab for over a week and sudden strange pain that sends me into a panic :weep:
I went to docs last week and she said it could be bladder infection, so she sent me away with a pot, i took it back next day where a nurse dipped it, it was all ok.
but gave me another pot to send off to hosp to be tested get the results tomorrow, if they are clear i have to buy tablets over counter for ibs.
Im hoping its bladder inf so it can be sorted with anti biotics but whats the sharp pain im so scared they have missed something!
Ive also had pain on right side level with belly button but think it may be just because im so tense she did feel the area and didnt say anything so i guess its ok?
keep waking up in middle of night and having panic attacks im so down and cant cope anymore.
Why cant i accept what im being told and stop thinking i have cancer!!!
Heididawn xxx:weep:

ForOurFuture
17-03-09, 14:29
Hi there!
I have recently been obsessing over my bladder/bowels. I went to the dr and she suggested that I may have IBS. That was about 3 weeks ago and I am still struggling with the thoughts that I have something really serious. I was having lower back ache and pain in my groin. I looked through lots of threads and couldn't get the exact same symptoms from any one else which meant that I wasn't getting the reassurance. that I wanted. What I am trying to say is that no-one can tell you what a pain is, but generally if you have HA then you are more aware of your body and the sensations that you have. Also you are more likely to have pains relating to tension. Did you mention the sharp pain when you went to the drs. If you did, trust her judgement and try and relax. Do you have any relaxation time? I am just starting relaxation by using breathing and this helps considerably to calm me down. Interrupted sleep doesn't help as it will lower your resistance.

I hope that you are feeling better very soon :hugs: