PDA

View Full Version : FEAR OF SWALLOWING SOMETHING

DAVE111
01-08-05, 12:44
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY PHOBIA I HAVE FEARED SWALLOWING THINGS THAT I SEE IE IF I PASS A OBJECT A SMALL STONE I HAVE TO GO BACK A CHECK I HAVE NOT SWALLOWED IT .
THE SAME THING AT HOME IE IF A NEEDLE IS ON THE FLOOR AND IT IS NOT THERE THE NEXT DAY I THINK I HAVE SWALLOWED IT.I HAVE HAD THIS PHOBIA SINCE I WAS TWELVE YEARS OF AGE
THANKYOU

seh1980
01-08-05, 16:33
Welcome aboard Dave!! :)

I do not have this fear myself but am sure that someone else will be able to give you some good advice :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kate
01-08-05, 17:17
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

This may actually be a form of OCD as a lot of people suffering with this have a fear of having run someone over in the road and have to retrace their steps to make sure that they haven't.

Your fears seem to run along these lines also. You obsess that you have swallowed an object and have the compulsion to always have to check that you haven't in fact done this to put your mind at ease.

Have you seen your GP about this problem?

Kate x

Meg
01-08-05, 17:19
Dave ,

What happened to start this off ? Something will have triggered this very specific phobia and the thought pattern that followed and are now entrenched.

Have you had any help specifically for this yet ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mjh74
01-08-05, 18:10
Hi Dave,

I'm going through something similar! It's not that I think I've swallowed it but the notion that I have it in my throat and am swallowing it! Even though I know I'm not! It's one of the changing symptoms of my throat anxiety. Sometimes if I look at a hand full of coins or a golf ball, I feel like I can feel it in my throat when I swallow. So I guess it's similar to what you're experiencing.

Mark

Barb
01-08-05, 18:45
Hi Dave

Like Kate said it sounds like a form of OCD, there is a programme on about it tonight at 9pm you might get some information that will help.

Take care

Barb xxx