PDA

View Full Version : I just threw up in the shower!

kirstymc
17-03-09, 13:11
I know how disgusting that sounds, I'm sorry!

I've had a bit phlegm stuck in my throat for a while and I was coughing a bit up in the shower (again, sorry for the graphic detail) and out of nowhere, a bit of sick came up! Not much, but it was pink and had specks of red in it, blood??

So now I'm freaking out about where this random sick came from, and if it had blood in it... thanks, anxiety!

I feel fine in myself... like I said, I've had a bit if phlegm trapped in my throat for a while, but other than that, despite what my lovely anxiety makes me think, I'm fine!

Any idea what this could be? Just one of those things, or something sinister?

xfilme
17-03-09, 13:26
Had you been eating anything with red in it perhaps? or maybe it is from something simple. I sometimes get it if my nose piercing causes the inside of my nose to bleed and it goes down my throat. Or perhaps your gums could be sore and bleeding after brushing them? Were you drinking red wine last night? What was the last thing you ate hun? maybe it is a bit of acid indigestion. Its common to bring up a little sick in that case... call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 (UK) if you are concerned and a nurse will put your mind at rest. Rule out the obvious before you get worried. Im sure its nothing scary x

Mudskipper
18-03-09, 14:11
Too much coughing, hawking, nose-blowing etc can rupture small blood vessels in the nose and throat, causing a small bleed which can then show up in in spit, phlegm etc. Could be this perhaps?